“The Pearl of Colaba”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mumbai
Hotel Moti International
Ranked #98 of 423 Mumbai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 December 2014

My husband, best friend and I stumbled across the Moti in our search for modestly priced accommodations in Colaba. I am very grateful that we did! The location is absolutely perfect, it is situated within two blocks of the gateway to India and the Taj, delicious restaurants and shopping. The building itself is a once-decadent colonial style - now filled with the character and grace of history. This is a small, independent and family owned place. The owners are lovely and kind, going to great lengths to ensure our comfort and make us feel welcomed. We moved into the first apartment on the right and it was perfect for the three of us. We spent many evening hours drinking and talking on the porch and taking walks around the neighborhood. The rooms were clean and there was a small refrigerator for our drinks. The staff was always available and accommodating. I would certainly return and recommend the Hotel Moti to my friends.

Room Tip: We found it important to select a room with windows.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PriddyRad

Reviewed 9 December 2014

We booked the hotel in advance by phone. Nevertheless the manager required a phone reconfirmation at the day of arrival. By arrival in the evening tha management gave us the wlan-passwor, which did not work. Next morning we claimed the absence of wlan and got the answer: internet is working properly everywhere in the hotel, we should try again. We tried and claimed once more in the evening and got the answer: only the hotel owner is dealing with internet issues and he is already gone. We claimed at the next morning (second day) and the staff member told us, theat the wlan is ok, and just went away and dissapeared (!). At third day we could speak to the owner, who told us: our mobile device is not working properly, because all other guests have internet. I told him, this is not an argument, because the wlan is not working in our room (wlan worked with my device in the hotel lobby without any problms). The hotel owner refused to check the wlan presence in our room and offered us the option to use wlan in the lobby. We missed wlan for 4 days of our presence in this hotel. The attitude of the hotel owner and some employees regarding our needs (and the facilities we payed for). At the end of our 4 days stay the hotel owner refused our request for discount regarding absence of wlan, which "is available everywhere 24 hours". we payed the whole price for overpriced hotel room.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2014

We arrived having nowhere booked and once we got past the night manager, who told us there were no rooms, and got the manager then we were given a room in what appears to be some sort of extension to the main hotel. It is in the same building but you enter by a different door. We got what we paid for in that as it was the only room left it was utterly basic which was fine but it wasn't clean. If we had stayed there any longer I would have been out buying cleaning materials for the bathroom which looked as if the sink had not been cleaned for some considerable time. The bed seemed clean enough but the wardrobe , which was the only furniture on the room, was filthy.
The main hotel may be much better and we were grateful for a room in a central location for one night. However for any longer it would have been uncomfortable. You also have to get the staff to come and unlock the door to let you in. To describe this place as shabby would be overstating it. It was verging on dilapidated.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eildon230
Reviewed 28 September 2014 via mobile

Firstly, the owner is a genuinely nice guy who clearly cares about the people who is staying there and asked lots of questions about why I was visiting. However, I have to say that this was the most expensive place I stayed in the whole of Indian where the facilities were practically the same.
Added to that I was told to be quiet when I asked a question (I assume it was his son) about the internet not working. I thought it was completely untrue and he was really quite rude.
The area is very nice and safe, close to all of the main tourist sites.

Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank nicholasbrennan59
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The only reason to stay here is for the location. Sure, the crumbling old building has some charm...but so does the entire city. Do you really need to see grubby stucco in your bathroom?

The hotel is clean enough, but rooms are not serviced daily. When i stayed there was no soap in the bathroom, and not enough toilet paper.

Raj, the owner, is indeed quite a character. But while he is very friendly, remember he is not your friend. He is a businessman. He will count your money in front of you, and make you pay for damages that were already in the room.

The wifi is free but it is intermittent. The is no breakfast. Overall, poor value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo