“Excellent accommodation in every way”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mumbai
Hotel Moti International
Ranked #98 of 423 Mumbai B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have stayed several times with Raj and his family at the Moti. The establishment is always clean and the service excellent. Raj will arrange whatever you want and is highly knowledgeable and trustworthy. The location is second to none and the building a beautiful old colonial 4 story structure. You wont find anything close value for money wise in the entire city. It is 20 metres away from the famous Taj Palace and 50 m from the seafront.
The hotel is family run and this shows in the service and care taken over geusts! You just dont get that level of attention in a business-run hotel.
The other guests were a very interesting mix of nationalities and that makes for a much more interesting stay. I met some incredible people from all walks of life in the relaxing courtyard.
I honestly cant recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms 4 and 5. they were both excellent. I am pretty sure ALL the rooms are good so...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank johnr0111

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel is located in an old residential building, which makes it interesting immediately! it is cool to stay in a house like this where all the details are still there! The rooms are nice and airconditioned and especially the room we had was very, very big! The owner is a friendly guy always in for a chat and a laugh. If you want to stay nice in mumbay this could be a good option...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived in Colaba at 2am was looking for somewhere to stay, all budget options were taken so I stayed at Moti. At 2500 rupees this was way out of my usual price range but my hands were tied.

The rooms and (separate) bathroom are basic and clean, bed covers are itchy and I had to massacre at least 15 mosquitoes before I could shower, however the bathroom was had hot water which was a nice surprise.

The location is great and the building is lovely although could do with a little TLC.

The best part is Raj the manager, he makes you feel very welcome like Moti is a home away from home. I had a really nice chat with him after he came and introduced himself in the morning, really interesting guy and gave me lots of advice on local restaurants and onward travel. He is an asset to the place.

If you are a couple and can split the rent then this is a good get what you pay for place, it's bright clean and welcoming but sadly out if my own price range.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I highly recommend the Moti International Hotel.
First of all the location is great, in a part of Mumbai that is well guarded by the police, walking distance from the major sites of Colaba, including the Gateway of India, the Taj Mahal Palace, the Prince of Wales Museum, and the National Gallery of Modern Art.
The room I stayed in was spacious and quiet. The sheets were a bit frayed and there were a few mosquitoes, but the hotel is clean and there is always plenty of hot water.
Raj, the manager, and his wife Shweta, made me feel at home. They take an interest in their guests and make sure they are safe and secure. I asked endless questions about where to go and what to avoid and they always patiently gave me sound advice. They also helped me when I almost fell prey to a con artist. They warned me and helped me extricate myself from a very awkward situation. That’s why I especially recommend the hotel for women travelling alone. Here they can feel safe and secure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. It's quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank avacarmel
Reviewed 4 February 2014

the people where so friendly! 2 min walking from india gate! we had a great time and we paid one night too much and they gave us the money back without anything to say. we where very happy and when i retour to Bombay i will stay at moti!!

Room Tip: go upstairs to the dracularoom :-)!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends