“Good location, average rooms”
Review of Hotel Royal Castle

Hotel Royal Castle
Ranked #148 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Excellent location at this rate. Rooms are decent. Service is average. Room service extremely poor. Overall clean property. Food is bad but you have plenty of options around the area. I had a good one night stay here.

Room Tip: Choose deluxe rooms if they fit in your budget.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
AgarwalDeepak, Owner at Hotel Royal Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

We thank you for sparing your valuable time to give your testimonial.
We are delighted to know that the facilities and services offered at Hotel Royal Castle, Mumbai met your expectations.
It is motivation from discerning patrons such as you, which encourages us to give our best. It has also been our utmost focus at Hotel Royal Castle, Mumbai to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Was visiting mumbai frequently but this time am here as a tourist rather a regular business traveler so booked hotel in south mumbai and believe me I never seen mumbai so b'full earlier..... this hotel is best b'coz of location and ambiance also everything u want is at almost walking distance from here..... I say yes to this and suggest a go hotel to everyone.....

Room Tip: Room no. 27 is very small so plz don't prefer this room if u stay here.........
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The Royal Castle is good positioned, you could easyli get a taxi and reach the the important sightseeing attractions. Our room was big enough for two people and it was clean. A disadvantage is that you can't open a window so there's only the ac and that brings no fresh air into the room. Our clothes were smelling. Smoking seems to be allowed in the whole hotel. The service was a bit to officious and they kept our change money directly as tip.
Wifi is available but you have tob pay extra. All in all in was good but next time we would choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

STA Travel booked me this hotel as my first night in Mumbai, I thought I'd 'splash out' on a nice hotel... this one being £35 per night which is rather a lot for Mumbai.

As it was my first night in India, I had nothing to compare it to.

The staff were 'ok' but not exactly over friendly. The guys carrying lugguage were nice though I am not used to people carrying my lugguage, there seemed to be about 8 of them doing this job so I felt I had to let one of them do it and give them a tip.

Anyway, the room was terrible... NO windows... very noisey air con that was half hanging off the wall. The ceiling in the bathroom had open electric wires coming out. Generally a very depressing room.

I had no idea where I was in Mumbai, so spent the first night wondering about, and found that this is not normally an area where tourists go. I found Chowpatty beach though, and that was a very cool place to hang out and get a massage etc.

I got next to 0 hours sleep whilst there.

I stayed another night because I was trying to work out where to go.

The next day I stayed in the more touristic area called 'Colaba', in a little hotel right by the Taj Mahal Hotel and the Gateway to India. It cost about £8 and was much nicer... with balconies and windows.

I think Royal Castle should be much cheaper, especially for a room with no windows.

Room Tip: Just say you need a window!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Got to know of it in Makemytrip as I preferred to stay in South, it is really reasonable with a friendly staff and efficient service. Location is good too, get cabs pretty easily. I would refer this to everyone, go for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family