“Rip-off room with NO windows, noisey, bleak, terrible!”
Review of Hotel Royal Castle

Hotel Royal Castle
Ranked #147 of 465 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 11 July 2013

STA Travel booked me this hotel as my first night in Mumbai, I thought I'd 'splash out' on a nice hotel... this one being £35 per night which is rather a lot for Mumbai.

As it was my first night in India, I had nothing to compare it to.

The staff were 'ok' but not exactly over friendly. The guys carrying lugguage were nice though I am not used to people carrying my lugguage, there seemed to be about 8 of them doing this job so I felt I had to let one of them do it and give them a tip.

Anyway, the room was terrible... NO windows... very noisey air con that was half hanging off the wall. The ceiling in the bathroom had open electric wires coming out. Generally a very depressing room.

I had no idea where I was in Mumbai, so spent the first night wondering about, and found that this is not normally an area where tourists go. I found Chowpatty beach though, and that was a very cool place to hang out and get a massage etc.

I got next to 0 hours sleep whilst there.

I stayed another night because I was trying to work out where to go.

The next day I stayed in the more touristic area called 'Colaba', in a little hotel right by the Taj Mahal Hotel and the Gateway to India. It cost about £8 and was much nicer... with balconies and windows.

I think Royal Castle should be much cheaper, especially for a room with no windows.

Room Tip: Just say you need a window!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Got to know of it in Makemytrip as I preferred to stay in South, it is really reasonable with a friendly staff and efficient service. Location is good too, get cabs pretty easily. I would refer this to everyone, go for it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tanishqaa
AgarwalDeepak, Owner at Hotel Royal Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dear Guest,
We thank you for sparing your valuable time to give your testimonial.
We are delighted to know that the facilities and services offered at Hotel Royal Castle, Mumbai met your expectations.
It is motivation from discerning patrons such as you, which encourages us to give our best. It has also been our utmost focus at Hotel Royal Castle, Mumbai to provide our valued guests with personalized service that meets high standards of hospitality.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us. The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

The Stay was good, Rooms were very comfortable. The management and staff was very cordial and the service was very prompt. look forward to visit again. i recommond this hotel to people who come for a money valuable accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kavithasss k

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found it ok. The rooms and bathroom are clean which is the main thing. The air con is old and very very noisy so bring ear plugs. The staff are ok, some of are more friendly than others. All in all if you don't plan on spending much time in your room then its good. We didn't venture much around the hotel so unable to comment on location but it seems fairly decent however taxi drivers did seem to have problems finding it or knowing where it was and being westerner's they wouldn't want to use the meter but make sure they do as they rip you off.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZaraAndy
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My staying was pleasent. The staff was very much help full and their response was prompt. I will stay here in my next visit also. We have found that room was cleaned. Staffs are also very polite. We came here for our business trip from Kolkata.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business