“OUR 4 DAY STAY AT THE HOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pai Vista

Pai Vista
Ranked #15 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Elgin, United Kingdom
“OUR 4 DAY STAY AT THE HOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Centrally placed hotel. Rooms at back of hotel quiet, comfortable and clean. Staff pleasant and helpful.
Roof-top swimming pool excellent for a cool swim after a day’s sightseeing.
The restaurant comes as a shock- jungle decor, entire ceiling covered in dusty artificial trees, branches and leaves down to head height – even a large plastic python wrapped around a branch. Life sized statues of deer,peacocks ,spiders and other insects are some of the fauna on display. 90% dark and almost impossible to read a menu. Waiters dressed as para-military personnel with pith helmets and guns – supposed to be Game Wardens.
Food [huge menu] good and service very good. Buffet breakfast.
A word or warning – be careful of booking via the travel desk in the hotel lobby. Car booked to collect us after long walk at temple had changed and arrived with a different unknown driver and tout. An air conditioned car ordered for 200 kms drive had no A/C and the fan was defunct- all in a temperature of 30C. Plus all quoted prices had extras added at the last moment.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thanks for sharing your feedback.
I can understand the hard situation you faced, and apologize for the inconvenience due to faulty a/c in car. We have added this to our pre-check list when we use third party services. I thank you again for this feedback to help improve our service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have stayed here twice in the last 2 months and the reason why I would like to go back is that the hotel live up to the promises made in the website and the reviews.
The hotel is centrally located, a few kms from the Palace. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. They also have separate arrangement for drivers (in case you are using a rented cab).
The Wi-Fi, Gym and swimming pool is complementary along with the breakfast. The staffs are frendly. We were suppose to leave the hotel very early in the morning and they were kind enough to pack some breakfast for us. Really appreciate the gesture.

Room Tip: The rates that they quote in their websites are higher than what you will get in internet sites like...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay experience.
We try to put many value-add services when you book direct with us. So, please check the complete package when you book. Thanks again.
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Though I have visited Mysore many times this was the first time I got a chance to stay here.. so I wanted to choose the best one within a reasonable budget.. thus started my research on finding the best one. I went thru a few reviews in Trip Advisor and zeroed in on Pai Vista .. I had my apprehensions before booking as reviews could be deceptive or individualistic..I finally booked a comfort room with atleast one finger crossed :).. When we arrived in the hotel, were happy to see a big parking lot, the front desk guys were very friendly, the room I had booked was not available, to my surprise even before I could ask they upgraded it to luxury room without any cost .. they managed the situtation very well. As we went along the room we were surprised to see a neat-clean-large-and aromatic room with good bathroom to complement it, was a 5 star room for a family to relax and have a pleasent stay.I tried to use the free wi-fi in room but could not get connected, may be a bit of tweeking could have solved it, dint bother to as I had my own data card. We then ordered for north indian food which was delivered in quick time, the food and desert was just ok. Later in the evening we had dinner in their inhouse restaurant Gufha which is very well designed and maintained, we could see a large gathering of foreign nationals having a gala time, we ordered for Indian food which was brilliant, though seeing the foreign tourists I would not be surprised if the continental was brilliant as well. Next day morning we had nice buffet breakfast in their Jungle style restaurant on the top floor which also has a Swimming pool ! .. the buffet was spread quite well, I thought there could have been more varieties of food like Chinese and more Juices.. but being complimentary I would not have asked for more. Lastly this hotel is located bang opposite the state bus stand making it easy to locate and also close by to Palace, Zoo and on way to Chamundi Hills. Mysore being a small city proximity to tourist places cant be taken as an advantage.. but I must say Pai Vista was worth more than what I had imagined for . nice rooms - good food and great service :) All n All it was a very memorable stay.. highly recommended. !!

Room Tip: Book thru TripAdvisor or other online mode for better offers and discounts. Ask for rooms with Chamu...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bari_Kokani
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thanks a lot for your kind words. Look forward to your next visit...
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

The hotel is a good location and is quiet. The staff are generally good, as is the service. The rooms are comfortable and spacious.
The restaurant served good food and there was plenty of food for the breakfast. The pool is great to retreat to after a day out and about.

My only complaint is that I think the shower area needs to be cleaner - clean the grout and good rid of the mold, guys!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank apj101
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thanks for taking time to share your experience. We have noted your suggestion for action. Thanks again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at the Pai Vista for 2 nights - its located very close to the palace and zoo - actually everything in Mysore is close by so its a small privilege. The food at the themed restaurants is fantastic and so is the decor and ambience. The people are quite warm and step out of the way to help and make you comfortable. Mr Chandrakant Shetty was extremely helpful in helping us pick the right dishes from their vast menu. Overall a very good experience!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PushkarajS
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Thanks a lot, PushkarajS. We're happy to hear that, and look forward to your next visit.