“An experience worth remembering”
Review of Tashan

Tashan
Ranked #18 of 13,298 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: Tashan Kitchen & Bar isn't just another ordinary eatery. Tempt your taste buds with our palatable concoction of north Indian cuisine with a hint of multiple Indian and International flavours! Offering myriad menu options with impeccable eats and a unique flavour experience along with an ambience to match, we promise a superb selection of traditional as well as fusion dishes to meet your desire for fine dining. And a World-Class Wine and Spirit selection to pair with. Happy Dining!
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Being the foodie I am, I always like to dine out in a good restaurant from time to time. Although a place like New Delhi which keeps spoiling you for choice with the increasing number of restaurants mushrooming on a regular basis, there are only a few that leave a mark. There are only a few which make you feel as if you have had fed your soul. Well, Tashan is GK 2 M-block market is one such place for sure.

Starting with the restaurant's ambiance, there's not much to it, but there's a subtle feeling of class when you enter the place. And the same amount of class is maintained in the kind of plating they offer in every food they serve at the table. I remember a famous author once mention in his book that how a food tastes often depends upon how it looks. Well, the food served at Tashan look as delectable as they are.

Be it the non-vegetarian dishes or the vegetarian, the starters or the main course, my experience says that they just don't go wrong. The spices are in perfect balance, while the flavour in every dish leaves a beautiful aftertaste.'

What I liked the most about the food here is the chef's own twist given to every single dish that was served. The Mushroom Galawati Kebab, for instance, tasted better than any non-vegetarian kebab I have ever had. And I am not exaggerating even a bit. My other favourite was the Bhuni Roti ka Halwa -- superb is the word I would like to use for it. I can visit this place again and again just to have these two things. Talking about the rest of the things that were served, each and every dish made me feel like leaving the serving plate licked and clean.

I would like to mention about the restaurant Head Chef Jatin Kapur over here, because he is the man who creates all the magic back in the kitchen for his guests. Apart from the stunning flavours he is capable of offering, what makes this chef a magnanimous fellow in my opinion was his inspirational journey of transforming himself from an obese person to the fit and handsome guy he is now. He is an inspiration to say the least.

I would love to visit this place for a meal every weekend if possible. Kudos to Team Tashan!

Note to the team: The names of the dishes are really interesting, Please hold on to them.

Before I sign off, here's the list of things I tried and loved. I recommend that you try them all too. You can thank me later.

Drinks:

Dessert:
Bhuni Roti ka Halwa
Motichoor & Rabri Crepes

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Classy place to have good food!!!
We were served with baingan ki chaat and melon mint mocktail as starters.
Chaat was crisp and tasty, melon mint was divine.
For main course, we ordered paneer hungama which we heard was another Tashan's special.
Again no disappointment.
Now that brings us to the service - Quick and friendly. And eagerly responding to queries about dishes. The staff’s positive and friendly attitude revs up the place. We enjoyed the food and the experience !

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Went there around 8PM. The restaurant environment is calm and cozy. Service here is fast and warm.
Food is delicious and has great innovations These people are seriously doing wonders in Indian Culinary world.
Would surely recommend people to go here and enjoy their hospitality.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

This place has a very pleasant environment... ambience is great . Food is very yum . Basically few things I had was undefinable . Let's gets to the starter's cheddar beetroot ki tikki was something that I have never tasted there is a patty filled with cheddar cheese its yum . And the mocktails they were amazing I don't think you have to select something specific pick up anyone blindfolded and the next world coming out of your mouth is wow . You should try there TRIO OF ARBI I am sure it will surprise you because the arbi is the best I ever had in my life . The best part was moong dal halwa with ice cream . Maza aa gya total paisa vasool

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Relaxing ambience, calm lights, comfortable seating and a sprawling bar in one corner, paired with soothing music makes for an ideal place to unwind at. The place provides an old world charm and their main USP is the food which is a fusion of contemporary and authentic North Indian food. The collection of wall paintings are really indulging and can unravel many travel tales that inspires one to travel and see the world.
The meal began with chef Jitin Kapur bringing Crispy Roomali with Natkhati Chutney. We also got a small serve of Broccoli soup and it was pureed broccoli mixed with Bechamel. Baingan ki Chaat was pretty different, deep fried brinjal and sweet potato served like a chaat with Sweet curd, Tamarind sauce and green chutney.
Main course was pretty impressive as well, Peshawri Dal, Chicken Hungama and Paneer . Really good taste. Accompany your food with
Tashani Kiwi – a blend of orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice and crushed kiwi.
Bhuni Roti Ka Halwa in dessert, which again is a really nice creation. It was very smooth in texture, wonderful in taste and was served with a side of biscuit crumb, a must try dish.
WILL I GO AGAIN: YES
QUALITY: 10/10
QUANTITY: 10/10
SERVICE: 8/10
TASTE: 9/10
VALUE FOR MONEY: 8/10
OVERALL: 45/50