“Genuine sea food”

Desee Dakshin
Ranked #792 of 13,370 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Reviewed 29 December 2016

I went for family dinner on weekend. It is not very difficult to locate the restaurant in between whole row of 32 restaurants on that road. Its with dim lights but is full of life. The behaviour and conduct of the staff makes you more comfortable. When they ask a lot of question about the food choice, spices etc. you feel little intriguing but when you have your favourite dish in front of you with most optimum spices as per your taste then you realize why they ask many questions. We ordered for prawns, rava fried pomphret fish in started and chicken stew in main course. The optimum spices as per your taste and least amount of oil use makes you happy. I sure recommend for sea food lovers.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Desee Dakshin in Rajouri Garden market is popular for Manglorean cuisine.

Mangalorean cuisine is very famous throughout the world because of its distinct flavor. In general, it is found that the recipes of Mangalore are a bit spicy and fresh coconut is considered to be the most integral part of the recipes of Mangalore. Want to have something different so thought to go here.

We ordered Veg Hot N Sour Soup & Veg Manchow Soup. Manchow soup is a spicy and hot soup made from mixed vegetable& served with Fried Noodles. Thickness was perfect. And generous doses of soy sauce, salt, garlic and chili peppers was making it a tasty one.
Hot'n' sour soup was a good starter & enjoyed both the tasty soups.
Paneer Pepper Fry : Paneer Pepper Fry spicy fried preparation with ball pepper and chopped onions and soft paneer a dish worth ***** stars.
Vegetable Stew , Egg Appam & Rice Balls . Loved the stew and its mild flavour.
Will go again to try some more dishes.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 27 September 2016

It was my kid`s birthday & we went for a dinner during 1st week of Sep`16. Just want to explore a new place,so we went in there. Ambiance was ok. But once we ordered the dry manchurian dish, it was too oily as if some one fried it and before final preparation. Further non veg platter till it was chicken and fish it was ok, not an awesome dish to talk about. But rest couple of items served in non veg platter. Even being a regular non vegetarian, not able to identify neither the "cut" nor the taste. but it was some thing of not a good taste. During main course even shahi paneer or the Dal makhni seems ok. Overall it was a disappointing experience i had, much lower than expected. Lastly the serving staff was not as professionally dressed as if it is "dhaba" and no one care about the presentation.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Landed up at Desee Dakshin for a Friday night dinner because some friends recommended the place. My first impression of the place was nothing extra ordinary. It's a dimly lit place with plain and simple interiors.

The menu seemed interesting though with lots of rare coastal dishes which happens to be their speciality ( Mangalorian cuisine). While we were deciding on what to order, the owner of the place stopped by our table to ask us what would we like to have. He recommended us the black Russian ( Vodka and Kuhlua) and the white Russian ( Vodka, Kuhlua and fresh cream) cocktails and we ordered them right away. To our surprise, he went to the bar and made the cocktails himself with so much finesse. It was actually a delight to see him make the cocktails which tasted brilliant.

For food, he recommended the Fish Rava Fry for starters which was fried to perfection. Wasn't oily at all. Not even a bit and tasted amazing. It was served with onions lemons and a fried fish chutney went so well with it.

For mains, we had the Clam sukha, again recommended by the owner and I think it's one the best dishes I've ever had. No exaggeration at all. You literally have to eat it to believe it. It was basically clams cooked in some delicious Masala and tased absolutely our of this world. It was served alog with Neer Dosa which was seemed like uppam but was lighter and tastier.

Also had the Mutton curry along with Malabari paratha. The mutton was cooked to perfection and all the flavours went perfectly together.

I literally have nothing to complain about. The owners of place made sure to ask about our likes and dislikes and recommend a dish that we would like. Full Marks for the hospitality. Had a really fun evening and some outstanding food. Going back really really soon.

P:S The pictures don't do justice to the place, all thanks to my not-so-good phone camera.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Desee Dakshin serves some really delicious spicy food. Being a spice lover, this place scored full marks in satiating my spicy cravings. The interiors are beautifully done giving a coastal touch. Ambiance is welcoming and staff is friendly. Be it coastal food or north indian delight, this place will amaze you with superb quality of food. Also this place serves some amazing signature cocktails. I tried the following items-

APPETIZERS-

1) Mushroom Butter Garlic- Being a funghi lover, I tasted two mushroom appetizers. This buttery delight is for those who love rich buttery flavor . The taste was mild but indeed it was delicious.

2) Mushroom ghee roast- O boy! What a spicy treat it was for my tastebuds! Each mushroom was coated with spices and it was oozing with spicy flavors. RECOMMENDED for all spice lovers.

3) Veg dimsums- To be honest, I never expected that this coastal cafe will serve some lip smacking dimsums! The filling was finely chopped and veggies were fresh and crunchy. Totally loved it.

4) COttage cheese with curry leaf masala- SOrry for not remembering the name of this delight. The masala of this appetizer was again incredibly delicious and spicy. Loved every bite of it.

MAIN COURSE

5) Vegetable Stew- crispy vegetables cooked with coconut milk. I loved the mild flavor of the curry.

6) Neer dosa- light yet appetizing delight. It was fluffy and soft.

7) Malabar Paratha- very few places in Delhi serve some really crispy and flaky malabar parantha. Being a coastal cafe, I had high expectations. I was happy to relish this crispy layered parantha. RECOMMENDED

8) Shahi paneer- Again I didnt expected this north indian staple dish to be such delectable here. For all paneer lovers, do try the shahi paneer here. The curry was rich and was indeed delectable.

COCKTAILS

9) Cuchilly- being a mirchi lover, this cocktail was my favorite here. The presentation was great. It was a refreshing cocktail

10) Whiskey sour- my another favorite cocktail. Whiskey lovers will love it.

Would love to try more cocktails here.

Being a food connoisseur, I will recommend this place to all those who expect great taste and ambiance .

Bon Appetit.