“Superb south indian non vegetarian food!”
Review of Dakshin

Dakshin
Ranked #30 of 13,298 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$20 - US$61
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I went to Dakshin last month with my whole family for dinner and the least i can say is that the whole experience was beyond amazing. We happened to reach almost an hour late due to heavy traffic that day from the time we booked the table at, but the staff was more than happy to welcome us. Their restaurant manager, Mr. Babu greeted us well and took us through the menu in length and breadth. Owing to our previous visits at the restaurant, we asked him to suggest us options in different meats and sea food , and we bent by his recommendations. The quality , taste and presentation of the food was excellent. I loved the pomfret fish,chettinad chicken in gravy, deep fried prawns and yellow dal. I can anyday vouch for this place for the best appams in town. I also liked the badam halwa and basundhi from their desert menu. I have never had a bad experience at this place ever and its safe to say its one of the finest places in town to have non vegetarian south indian. Thank u Dakshin and Mr. Babu for the excellent service and the wonderful experience.

BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi for dinner and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Nice food and service, mostly vegetarian food is served. Helpfull and cooperative staff. One can have a good dine here,

BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for dining in Dakshin at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I went to Dakshin for dinner last month with a group I was hosting from Bermuda on their first visit to India. It was extremely important that their first experience of Indian cuisine in India was excellent, and by that I mean - clean, tasty and memorable! Being foreigners, of course I was taking extra measures to ensure that our stomachs were not adversely affected by the food as can sometimes happen when traveling in India. So, this is why I cannot recommend Dakshin enough to anyone and everyone who is passing through Delhi, who loves South Indian food, and who is concerned about hygiene and cleanliness. This restaurant is amazing! The food is exquisite. And our host, Theresa, made our experience that much more enjoyable because she was very patient with each person in the group in recommending dishes specifically for them that she thought they would like. And each person was more than satisfied with her selections. It would not be an overstatement to say that Dakshin was perhaps the best food experience we had in our two weeks in India! I will go there every time I'm in Delhi with a group as I feel that it's a wonderful way to begin any tour or vacation in India. Definitely memorable, and definitely worth the price tag. Thank you Dakshin and thank you Theresa!

BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to dine in Dakshin at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. Thank you very much for your encouraging comments on the services provided by Theresa. It is encouragement like this that helps us to strive for greater heights. Do expect enhanced levels of commitment on every visit.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

From the moment walking in to Dakahin, I felt like Indian royalty. Beautiful setting and exquisite food. The hostess, Theresa, was gracious and kind. We also found out that His Holiness Dalai Lama frequents this restaraunt, so not only is it delicious, it is blessed!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

At the outset, if you are craving for southern Indian food, you are at the right place. You will be happy with the taste, smells, and flavors - all fairly authentic! However, I say this with some hesitation. The best south Indian will still be available in south India! This is the best you can get in north India.

The variety is good; the menu includes dishes from almost all states in southern India. In fact, the restaurant has a thali concept at lunch which might be worth a try (I wento fro dinner). I am told the lunch thali has a wide variety of dishes to give you a wholesome experience.

Now for what is missing; well, the restaurant was a bit slow to serve. while we saw enough staff, I guess they were busy with too many guests. I would suggest going for first sitting at the restaurant which will get better service. Further, we chose a white wine, which was excellent. However, when we asked for the second bottle, it was just too warm. We had to request the maître d' to cool it adequately, but he couldn't, and it dampened the otherwise good experience.

On the whole, great food, good ambiance; be prepared to overlook some small failings.

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to dine in Dakshin at WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi and for your feedback. We have made a note of your feedback on service being slow in the restaurant. Corrective action has been taken to ensure that this dissonance is not repeated and I am sanguine that you shall note the difference on your next visit.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.