“A really good breakfast!”
Review of The Blue Door Cafe

The Blue Door Cafe
Ranked #295 of 13,287 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Khan Market/Lodhi Garden
Description: The Blue Door Cafe, offers you a casual, neat and colourful ambiance with Contemporary Art adorning the walls.(All art is courtesy Passage Art Gallery & is for sale). The Menu is carefully hand-picked after lengthy deliberations with the chefs and some well-known foodies so as to present a vivid and classic palate of tastes from all across Europe and the West. From healthy salads and soups to Grilled meats, Pork and Lamb Chops, Filet Mignon and a world of Burgers, from Gluten free Quinoa to heavily topped Eggs Benedict with oodles of Hollandaise... we have the works. The All day Breakfast Menu is a delight, offering Bacon, Sausages, Grilled Fish and Chicken along with mash potatoes, baked beans, grilled tomatoes and more (Berry and fruit bowls with healthy yoghurt and muesli drizzled with honey and nuts)... The Smoothies and Shakes are to die for. We also have a variety of mock-tails and fresh juices to quench your thirsty desires. Savoury and sweet Crepes, Waffles and Fondues add to the list of yummies.... And lastly we have our full bodied Coffee, freshly roasted & pressed from premium Arabica Beans & a variety of International blends of Teas Organic, Herbal and flavoured .... Come October and we shall be gearing up to bring to you a whole array of Wines and Beers.
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My husband and I decided to go to Khan Market one morning for breakfast, and thought we’d try out The Blue Door Café, which we’ve never visited before, but which we’ve heard about quite a bit. This café (which opens at 7.30, and so is very convenient for breakfast) is located in the middle lane of the market, quite close to the centre, and immediately visible because of its distinctive royal blue door.

It’s one flight of stairs up to the café, which isn’t huge, but is comfortable and very well-designed: large windows look out onto the trees outside, the inside is airy and pretty, with a bar counter overlooking the main door and a large abstract painting of leaves dominating one wall.

The menu is substantial, but we stopped at the beginning, which is the breakfast section. There’s a range of dishes here, all the way from fruit bowls with yogurt, to omelettes, waffles, and much more. After some deliberation, my husband ordered ‘the works’ (which is a version of an English fry-up, with eggs cooked the way you want them—my husband chose sunny side up and was even asked whether he wanted the yolks runny or not. He chose runny). I ordered eggs benedict, with Parma ham (the other option was smoked salmon). Along with that, we ordered a fresh juice each: watermelon for me, orange for my husband.

The juices, served up a few minutes later, were lovely and refreshing. The food arrived a little after, and here’s my verdict on both plates (yes, I sampled everything from ‘the works’, too):

1. The Works: Fried eggs, bacon, grilled tomato, pork sausages, bacon, two hefty slices of toasted bread, and a very generous helping of butter. Everything was, to me, very good: the eggs done just right (beautifully runny yolks), the bacon crisp and tender all at once, the tomatoes perfectly grilled.

2. Eggs benedict: Poached eggs on slices of Parma ham atop English muffins. Smothered with hollandaise sauce, garnished with chives, and served with three accompaniments: a mixed salad of lettuce, tomatoes and julienned carrots; sautéed mushrooms; and two fat slices of grilled tomato. This was, as a whole, very good: the egg yolks runny and delicious, the hollandaise creamy, and the accompanying vegetables a very good way to cut the richness of the main dish.

I’ll admit that I’d initially been thinking I’d probably follow this up with a fruit bowl or something as dessert; by the time I finished, though, I was so full I could only have coffee. Cappuccino, very good and hot and strong, and served with a little sugar-sprinkled cookie on top.

Excellent. Even though this was not cheap (it cost us Rs 2,531), we enjoyed it immensely.

1  Thank MadhulikaL4

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Well visited this place after a suggestion and didnt find this place up to the mark. Ok ok food with good ambience.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Recommended by a lawyer.. should Not .. have trusted her ..
Watery .. dish water for cold coffee.. sprinkling of milk..
Sent it back.. response.. we have to add lots of ice to make it cold..
Please..!!!! Freeze the milk.. add ice - cream.. we do not want crushed ice..I asked for regular thick cold coffee..
Garlic bread.. unpalatable.. sticky white mass.. of bland cheese..asked them to brown it..' cannot be done '..
Terrible hospitality..

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Went for brunch with friends.

Ordered crepes with apples; eggs benedict (heard it was very good) and I ordered Darjeeling tea with bacon strips. Darjeeling tea was nothing but Twining tea bag and anything but Darjeeling. In such places, one expects a good freshly made tea and not tea bag. Ambiance was good but a rather small place. Seemed to have a very good alcohol collection

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

...so step right in for delicious Continental fare at - The Blue Door Cafe ! It was our first visit so we really felt spoiled for choice. From the moment we walked in, we knew we would return. Small, cozy and cool ambience with customers looking very comfortable - while we waited briefly for a table. With two teenage boys in tow I had to go with their recommendation that since everything on the menu looked so good, we would go with just starters this time and next time do soups and salads and another time entrees and so on. Barbecue chicken wings, bruschetta and calamari salt & pepper is all we could eat as the helpings were quite generous. Then we couldn't resist the crepes....fabulous. Until next time then....