“The best hand made craft store”
Review of Craft House

Craft House
Ranked #22 of 207 Shopping in New Delhi
More attraction details
Owner description: Craft House brand showcases the premium arts, crafts and produce of India to the world. Distinctively Indian and truly exceptional, we take pride in genuine and authentic selection of merchandise with high quality standards. We are located at the Metropolitan Hotel & Spa (Bangla Sahib Road, Delhi) and As Delhi Bazaar Craft House at International Departure, T3, IGI Airport in Delhi. The offerings at our stores are extensive and appealing to all the five senses. The fresh flavors of pure whole leaf and blended assortments, hand plucked from organic tea gardens of Darjeeling and Assam. Ayurveda collection of pure essential oils, home spa, incense. Intriguing handicrafts and souvenirs from across the country. The richness of colours, weaves and apparel is presented through hand woven and embroidered Pashmina, Silk, Cotton. Silver and Gold jewellery is available in ethnic and contemporary designs using precious and semi precious stones.
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Saw this store on my departure. What a beautifully made store it is with very nice products. Haven't seen such good Indian store on any airport. Stuff is also good and not very high priced. Good for last minute souvenirs. Staff was also helpful & decent. Do check this ou

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"elephants"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I have been here twice in the past 7 months and I love this place for shopping. The girls there are very nice and helpful. There was a seat for my husband whilst waiting and the girls gave him some beautiful books to look at. That made him very happy and I felt more at ease to shop. The clothing is top quality.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I was in transit travelling alone on my way to Thailand for a two week holiday when I visited this shop. I saw a lovely scarf which I returned to look at three times whilst waiting for my flight. Each time I went I was approached by a different sales person. The price tag on the scarf was incredibly difficult to see, such small writing and smudged, so each time I asked the sales person how much it was in US$ and each time I was told it was US$167 = GBP £136. I was tired and cold so decided in the end to purchase the scarf for the second leg of my flight to keep me warm despite it being the beginning of my holiday and not having intended to part with such an amount of money at this early stage. At the checkout the sales person showed me the amount punched in on the handheld card machine. I asked if it was US$ amount as the screen was very dirty and she said yes. As it was the same as previously told I punched in my PIN number to authorise the payment and left the shop to catch my flight. Shortly after I'd arrived in Thailand and met up with friends I was joining, we headed out into Chang Mai. On my way I stopped to withdraw some money but my card was declined. I kept trying knowing I had enough money in the account so was confused when it kept saying I didn't have enough funds. We returned to the hotel and I called my bank to find out what the problem was. I was told that a payment of GBP£1,360 had been deducted from the account the day before!!!! I spent the next two weeks of my holiday on long distance calls battling with the manager of Craft House to recover my money. He said his staff had not mislead me on the price but I had a photo of the price tag which clearly showed it was very hard to read, small and impossible to see where the ',' and decimal point on the price tag where. I finally decided to post my story on Trip Advisor and advised him of this during one of our calls. He repeatedly asked me to remove my negative review but I refused unless my money was returned to me. He finally agreed to meet me whilst I was in transit on my way back from Thailand. He met me with a security guard and a computer. I thought at the time of purchasing the scarf how curious it was why the sales woman made a very clear point of showing me the handheld credit card machine and pointing at the screen. It all became clear when the manager proceeded to show me the video of me looking at the card reader during the purchase and nodding. I asked to listen to the recording of the conversation where the price was confirmed by the sales woman and he said it wasn't available. From the moment I first contacted the manager I said I didn't want the scarf and wished to return it unused. However he repeatedly informed me they didn't take returns. After numerous requests from him to remove my comments from Trip Advisor and my declining to do this, he finally agreed to give me a refund of GBP£1,000 with the return of the scarf. Exhausted and incredibly stressed from the whole incident (which also completely ruined my holiday!) I agreed. Interpret this as you will but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind the staff here have a very slick and profitable scam going on. It's completely tainted my view of ever returning to India, and for that pleasure I paid GBP£360!!!!!

9  Thank GabbiPhilpot
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Superb store in the heart of city with wide collection of clothes, jewelry, footwear, souveniers, tea, etc. They have everything that a tourist can buy. Must buy affordable ethnic and indian clothing stuff. Go and discover their lovely collection.