“The Number One Choice for a Quality Budget Airport Hotel”

Hotel Malik Continental
Ranked #474 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
UK
“The Number One Choice for a Quality Budget Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I missed my connection to London due to Kingfisher airways being scared of a big of fog, and had to stay in Delhi for 24 more hours. The previous hotel I stayed in was OK-ish (5 out of 10) (Hotel Airport City), but it was full so I had to venture further afield. I selected this based on it's good reviews and was extremely pleased. I needed somewhere where I could relax, use the wifi and get fed/watered until my next flight. This was perfect. Staff VERY helpful and welcoming, all speaking great English. Very polite also. I needed to print off my flight ticket and the guy openly let me use their computer and printer without any supervision - very comfortable! The location seems fine to me....People need to remember this is INDIA not the western world. Many places look "dodgy" but they're actually fine. The hotel is very quiet despite a busy road outside. Honest rating: 10/10. It's not luxury, but for £22 it's amazing :) Wifi very fast and the best connection i've had in this entire 3 weeks of India. Would recommend this 100%

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank n4t0r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I booked a stay at the Malik Continental for an overnight layover in Delhi via Expedia. After a longer than expected taxi ride, I arrived at the hotel at around 10pm. Since my next flight left early the next morning, I was eager to get checked in and catch some sleep. It was not to be.

At reception I was informed that the hotel was full and I had been transferred to their "other location". I was made to wait almost 30 minutes while a driver was procured to transfer me. The "other location" was again almost 30 minutes away. It bore no resemblance to the original location. Upon arrival, confusion ensued and reception did not seem to expect my arrival. I was once again made to wait almost 30 minutes while the manager attempted to sort things out.

I finally got into my room at around midnight eager for sleep. After falling asleep, I was rudely awakened by both my phone ringing and a loud knocking at the door. Feeling both somewhat nervous but annoyed, I answered the phone and was told they needed the remote control for my air conditioning. By this point, I was so annoyed that I didn't bother to ask questions or complain.

Maybe the actual Malik is a fine property. I wouldn't know. But I wouldn't risk having the same bait and switch happen to you that I experienced.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lunpaul

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

the hotel is clean & nice. Its a good budget stay if you want to be close to the airport. the locality & entrance does not match the cleanliness inside. However for the price it was fine for me for a quick 1 day stay. Connections to central/south delhi will be a problem. So your only option is taxi.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

This hotel is definitively recommended for Budget & Bag packers with such a low price offered room & service is simply outstanding! Malik Continental is not suitable for those who are looking for luxurious stay!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed here once due to its convienence to the airport. I left Delhi on a domestic flight and returned, having made reservations a second time. I was treated very poorly on arrival, the desk clerk talking on his cell phone told me to have a seat as if I were a child. They did not have a room for me to stay in on my arrival and tried to transfer me to another one of thier hotels. thier lack of appologies, poor manners by the desk personel are pathetic. I would never again stay here. This same desk clerk was rude also the first time but I tried to over look it as it was convienent to the airport and I didn't really want to look for another hotel. Poor parking, you have to walk up large stairs,.... I wouldn't reccoment this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends