“HOPE WE R BACK FOR A VACATION THIS TIME”
Review of The Swiss Palms

The Swiss Palms
Ranked #461 of 1,098 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Reveiw :-

It was my first time in India and I had come for surgery of my uncle in Apollo Hospital. Needless to say that I was a little nervous about everything.

But as I checked in very early in the morning ,we were very tired and just wanted a clean bed to sleep and recharge our battery. We were given a Premier room which had a double bed, very clean wooden flooring and flat screen TV. Iam compelled to mention that we both slept like babies in the comfortable bed. The air conditioning was superb in the Delhi heat.

We had a very filling breakfast served by the cook- Prince. He is available 24*7 there and even if you ask for anything at 3am he will get it with a smile. The owner of the hotel- Mr.Adittya, was exceptionally warm and hospitable. He even drove us to the Apollo hospital in his Mercedes and settled us there and hung around with us for a good 90 mins till the time we finished our basic investigations. This thing ,this kind of service was unheard of for us.

The hotel offers free pick & drop to patients of Apollo hospital, they are extremely sensitive to foreign patients who come for treatment in Delhi.

The location of Swiss Palms is in a very quite & posh neighborhood. It has the best of both worlds: Its not on the main road so there is no noise of traffic. Secondly, it is not too far from the main road ,just 2min walk to the main road from where I could get all sorts of tuk tuk & taxis.

I will definitely recommended this gem of a place to anyone who is looking to a clean ,modern facility without denting his pocket too much.

Free strong wi-fi was a real bonus. Keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Swiss Palms

Reviewed 1 April 2011

Seeing the photos on the website, I had booked a "superior" room for 4 nights. After paying the money, they informed that superior room was not available for the last night and we have to shift to a standard room. While on the way from the airport at 11PM, they told that all rooms were full and they had arranged a room at another place. There was no alternative but to stay the night there. The next morning they shifted us to Swiss Palms - in a room which they claim was their standard room and charged as such. See actual photos attached and the photos / description in their website to compare.
This is NOT a hotel. It's a house, a part of which has been converted in a makeshift manner to accommodate guests.
There was not remote controller for AC - so the cooling was inadequate during the day and excessive at night. There was no telephone - on asking, they connected one but only as an intercom, no external calls. The wi-fi internet signal was very weak. What was abundant was mosquitoes and cockroaches. Jacuzzi type shower cubicle? - see actual photos attached.
Do Not stay here - find some place else.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BangaBedouin
TSPDELHI, Owner at The Swiss Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Dear Guest,
I deeply regret the inconvenience that you seemed to have faced during your stay with us.
I apologize for the genuine goof up of being unable to provide you the superior room. The standard room which is also a very decent room but certainly doesn’t have any Jacuzzi styled glass cubicles for shower & neither have we claimed anywhere on our website or elsewhere.

The bathroom pics clicked & posted are when the bathroom was at its worst. It certainly isnt like this when we check in a guest. Its not a luxury room ,it is a standard room costing barely $50-54 so expectations should be reasonable with the price being paid. With your higher standard of living we needed to put you in at least the superior room which is very good & that is why you had booked a superior room in the first place.

I assure you that if you stay with us again, I will personally take care & ensure that your stay is as pleasant as depicted by the reviews of the other guests.

Regards,
Aditya Mehta

Reviewed 15 March 2011

Chain hotels can rarely exceed the service of a family-owned property, and Olive Greens is no exception to that rule. The owner's father provides an ever-attentive watch over the staff and is always inquiring about guests' satisfaction.

The on-site breakfasts were delivered on time and were tasty. Because of our rushed schedule, they provided better-than-average dinners when we could not go out to a restaurant. They offered drop-offs and pick-ups to nearby locales which was appreciated.

Rooms are enormous and bathrooms have thick towels and appropriate amenities. Excellent value on a sheer space per square foot basis.

We liked Olive Greens enough that we also stay at owner's boutique properties in Maharaji Bagh and in Saket called Swiss Palms.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The place was value for money. The staff very helpful. It was like a home away from home. Personal service. I would recomnend the Swiss Palms.
The location is quiet. I would definetly stay there again.
The rooms were pleasantly done up, comfy beds.

Priti

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I have traveled to India on numerous occasions during the past 10 years and every time I have spent several weeks in Delhi. I have been hosted as in the luxury hotels of the city as in budget hotels too every time. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a valued hotel, with reazonables rates and good quality service.
The location of the hotel near South Delhi offers good accessibility to the main places in the city. The building had good security, in a nice colony and quiet place. The room was well looked after and spacious. It was fully equipped including linen, telephone & good internet service. Staff was really very kind and helpful. I stayed at the end for 18 days and have great time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo