See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We only stayed here for one night at the end of our trip in India. When we saw the rooms we felt that they were fairly decent for the price (900). The bathrooms were fairly clean, but the bed sheets were terrible. They had grease, hair, cigarette burns, dirt on them. We slept in our sleeping bags anyways. The air condition had a terrible smell. There was no toilet paper, so we kindly called down to ask for some, and the man said "so what do you want me to do?" I said, "could we please have some toilet paper", and he slammed the phone down and sent someone upstairs empty handed. We kindly asked him for some, who finally brought it to us. The following day, check-out was at 12, but we were both sick and needed the hotel because our flight was late at night. We kindly asked what we could pay if we stayed passed 12. The man said half of the room, and we said fine. He said when do you want the room until, and we said in the evening, and he said ok around 6? We said, great, thanks. We came downstairs at 6:45 p.m. and figured this was fine since we were paying half the room and if there were a problem with being a tiny bit late someone would have called us. The man yelled at me and told me that we had to pay 100 Rupees more for being 45 mins late. We asked if us being late made a difference, and he didn't answer, except mumble something under his breath. They had tons of extra rooms available, and no one at all was downstairs waiting for a room. I said that we would not pay it, and that we would only be paying the extra 450, and he still tried to scam us by saying ok 50 extra. By then, I was so sick and tired of people in India trying to always get more money and scamming, it just really frustrated me that he could be so rude. We needed 50 Rupees change, and he refused to give it to us. We just ended up leaving. 50 Rupees was nothing, and all the guy had to do was be polite and show good customer service and the 50 or 100 Rupees would have been nothing to us.
I wouldn't give this hotel my business again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canada046
Reviewed 31 March 2010

We had a group of 3 people, and got a smallish room that had 3 twin beds (one bunked above). The decoration was nice. We had AC and fan, and our own bathroom with a shower (warm, only stays hot for a minute or two). Everything was very clean. There's a TV with 120 channels (6 decent English ones: VH1, BBC, CNN, Star Movies, Star World, Travel something).

The location is good, at the end of the Main Bazaar so it's not right in the way of everything, but you can still go out for shopping and eating and fun. Nearby is the Imperial Cinema and a good German bakery. The staff was very friendly and helpful (they can send your laundry out, for a charge). We paid 1400 a night for our room. It didn't have wifi.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Only about a year old. Very clean and hot water comes through if you allow it to run for a while. Rooms are confortable and have all that you need. The staff are always willing to help and get things such as drinks to your room. Whilst I did not use this as we drank out, we did arrange for our clothes to be washed. Returned on time and were well done and reasonable.

Opted for a triple room although only needing a double. the reason: I had noticed that the double room shown had the air conditioning unit level with the bed which was situated immediately up against it so if you wanted this on (which we did) you would have had it blow immediately onto you. the tripple room had the unit high up on the wall and was super efficient. Not much different in the price. All in all, excellent value for the price

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Hot water! If you have spent a month hopping on and off trains, planes and rickshaw mobiles you know what I mean.
Excellent value for Pahranj. 10 mins walk from New Delhi Station.
Opposite the Metropolis where you can grab a well earned beer on the roof top. The rooms at the Met are twice the price and dirty.
Cottage Crown Plaza has decent size roooms, comfy beds, clean sheets and very quiet rooms.
A taxi service to the airport ( witth a tiny commission)
I'd stay again on my next trip to Delhi.
900 rupees per night.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2008

This is a new (as of 2008) sister hotel to Cottage Yes Please. They're a bit pricier than Yes Please, though I can't remember how much I paid, and annoyingly, their website doesn't list their rates. I think it was around Rp1400-1500, which is a lot more than a typical hotel in this area, but the value was still very good, because this is a very clean and luxury place, and has free WiFi. And as Cottage Yes Please has done for me on occasion, they charged me only for the smallest room but they put me in a huge one, without any request on my part at all.

There's no restaurant but restaurants abound in the area. The hotel is near the end of the Main Bazaar in the Pahar Ganj area, and the New Delhi Railway Station is conveniently on the same road, about a 10-15 minute walk (or 10-minute bicycle rickshaw ride) away.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MichaelBluejay