“Home away from home indeed!”
Review of Megha Homestay

and 1 more site!
Megha Homestay
Ranked #88 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Our 6 day tour to Delhi and Agra was planned and facilitated by Mr. Aman from Megha homestay. It was the most professional and hassel free trip we have ever had. Right from the airport pickup, our entire tours, stay and airport drop, it was smooth and easy. They are loving family who make guests feel at home. Kids enjoyed the stay as well as us. We defenitley recommend Megha homestay. We miss u Pogo!

Lad family,
Bangalore

1  Thank raslad_74
There are newer reviews for Megha Homestay

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Surely a divining and peaceful place to stay.Me and my family loved the warm hospitality offered by the members here.One of the best Home Stays in Delhi situated in posh area.
Very Reasonable accommodation.Rooms are elegant,comfortable and spacious.Food was gud too.Best part is that it is near to all hangouts in South Delhi plus very near to metro station.Cab could also be hired from Home stay itself.Clean surroundings.It was really an overwhelming experience staying here ,enjoyed A LOT.!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO STAY HERE.

2  Thank Arun684
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We visited India in December and decided to stay at Megha Homestay, based on the good reviews on this site. The rooms were reasonable but the rate was higher than other B&Bs we have stayed at in Delhi, while the amenities were no better. The room was ok and we did have hot water most of the time (with some breaks here and there). But not much more than that. The room we stayed in was on the ground floor which meant that it was quite noisy until pretty late at night. What really disappointed me was the owner's willingness to rip us off: we arrived late at night and we asked him to arrange a taxi so as to save time upon arrival. The taxi was 40 minutes late and Mr Aman had the cheek to charge us more than double the rate charged by any taxi company!!
All in all, an ok place but nothing special and not worth the price.

Room Tip: not on the ground floor!!
1  Thank YPK
Reviewed 26 December 2011

In comparison to my other home stay experiences in India I found the owner very abrupt and not all that willing to help in his emails at all. Accommodation was clean but the owner does not stay on the premises so it is not exactly a true home stay & we found him to be only interested in making as much money out of you as possible with extortionate taxi fares through his taxi company that were triple the price to any other private car hires we had had. We lost half a day of our only day in delhi due to his driver not knowing the streets of delhi so do ensure your private car hires if done through Megha know precisely where you are going and how to get there and that they speak at least a little english.
It was a very impersonal stay and I was quite disappointed however we were lucky to have had only one night here and no more. If you stay at a home stay it is because you want a more personal experience with someone willing to share some of their knowledge etc to help you, when we asked about local restaurants that could be good we were offered suggestions of cheap fast food places, not quite what we were seeking! It was overpriced for what it was and service received and if you are staying on the ground floor it is extremely noisy as no allowance is made for those with rooms down there so you get woken up whenever everyone else choses to wake you up! If you want a true welcoming indian home stay this is not the place to go to.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not on the ground floor if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank EvieSingapore
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed at Megha Homestay for four nights in mid-November 2011. In my opinion, the owner, Aman, M. does a good job of taking care of his guests. He has several drivers on-call, and I used them for all of my transportation in New Delhi, except when I chose to use the Delhi Metro, which is also quite clean and modern, by the way. Megha Homestay is located in a multi-story house, in a residential neighborhood in the southern portion of Delhi, called Jangpura Extension. The Jangpura station for the Metro is nearby, but one must walk a couple of blocks to leave the neighborhood, then cross a busy, divided causeway. It can be done, but crossing that heavily-trafficked causeway is not for the faint of heart and is definitely easier for those who can run fast. Once safely across, the Metro station is right there.

Aman's drivers do a good job and know the entire city quite well, including restaurants and nightclubs. Aman will give you a good price for the daily or half-day hire of one of his drivers, and airport transfers as well. If you arrive in Delhi by India Rail train from Agra, disembark at the Hazrat Nizamuddin station. It is quite close to Jangpura Extension, and this will save you considerable time and expense, as compared to going in to the central Delhi train station. Aman will happily send a driver to pick you up at either train station. In fact, he even had a ticket broker arrange my train ticket from Agra to Delhi before my arrival in-country, and he sent a driver to deliver the ticket to me in person after my initial arrival at the Delhi airport, as I was on my way to Jaipur -- this was ten days before I was even due back in Delhi to stay at Megha Homestay. I really appreciated this service.

Megha Homestay is a delightful bed-and-breakfast experience. Aman has a number of private guestrooms with separate bathrooms and with air conditioning and ceiling fans. My bed in the first-floor "Lodhi" room was comfortable. I did kill a few mosquitos during my stay, but this is India, after all. All of the furniture in my room was quite functional, and there was plenty of hot water for the shower and bathroom sink. The guest rooms have privacy locks on the doors, and I secured my valuables and travel documents in the armoire (wardrobe), by using a luggage cable with combination lock.

Aman's staff work hard to keep the place clean, and you see guests arriving and departing throughout your stay. Morning breakfast conversation with other guests at the dining table was enjoyable, and the breakfast was tasty. Aman or the cook will ask you about your breakfast preferences. Interacting with Aman, his family who live in the home, and with his employees is one of the really nice things about staying here. Aman is set up to permit you to pay by MasterCard or Visa. He is a wealth of information about what to see and do in Delhi, and he is very generous and patient with his time, even though he stays busy all day. In my view, the price here for a bed-and-breakfast in Delhi compares very favorably with the competition, and you will also save money going this route versus paying for an expensive Delhi hotel.

Room Tip: When making your advance reservation via email, give Aman plenty of information about the size of yo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo