All reviews new delhi railway station walkable distance nice hotel recommend this hotel free wifi paharganj
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The rooms are not clean, with a lot of humidity and dust. The wifi didnt worked for most of the time that i stayed there. For the same kind of room you can get for more than a half of the price and you can get nice and clean rooms for the half of their prices in Delhi. The staff also was not friendly and didn't show to be trustfull. The door guy was a really nice.
The photos from the trip advisor must be old because is really different when you get there.
I would not recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I booked online for one night stay during the promotion period, but I didn't get my room upgraded. Remember, you can't bargain with Indians too much coz you never gonna win (maybe bc of the way of thinking or the language).

Anyway, I had an unhappy experience at the very beginning, as I arrived at New Delhi at 4 o'clock in the morning, it happened to be India's big holiday in the middle of November. So I was told by the hotel that their road was blocked, and I couldn't go inside. When I asked how about my refund, the receptionist asked me to DTTDC office (their government tourist info. center). Therefore, on that terrible night, I was rejected by the hotel by a sounded fair reason and I had to find another one by myself. Moreover, that DTTDC office was disgusting, the govern. man told me the 3-star hotel costed US$200 during the holiday...My goodness. Was he crazy about the money?!~~~ but i finally found Indians are all crazy about money and not friendly to foreigners.

Later, I wrote an email to RAMA INN, the good news was the owner agreed to let me stay another night. So before I left New Delhi, I stayed in this hotel and when I complained to them the 1st night 'rejection thing', they said they never received any calls from me. My God!!!

The hotel is nice, clean and neat at this price. But to be honest, you can find lots of lots of hotels near railway station, so there is no need to book in advance. Regarding the price, the walk-in price is very good, and you can bargain.

I was stayed on the 2nd floor, the in-room wifi was not ok, you had to walk outside. The food was good with reasonable price. The location is close to the railway station, comparing with those in Main Bazar Market, it is quiet and less people. About 5 mins walk to the Railway Station, 10 mins walk to the Metro (bc it is on the end side of the station).

Anyway, Incredible India!!!!!! That's it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Rama_Inn, Owner at OYO 3472 Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for contacting us after your first taste of touts soon after lending in India. At least It gives us an opportunity to explain to our guests not to think wrong about us. We honour all our commitments without fail and strive to provide best services to all our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about our property.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Rooms are standard, not deluxe and way too expensive for what they are. The prices on the homepage and tripadvisor are not adequate! Pictures are out of date and now everything is much older. No windows, quite loud all the time and a lot of moisture in the room even if you switch on the AC and freeze. Free Wifi did not work in all rooms when we were there. According to them our booking and prepayment over Agoda.com did not come to the hotel?!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed there 2 nights, after booking via makemytrip. We booked the deluxe room, but nothing really was deluxe. No windows, lots of moisture in the room, strange cleaning guy, who didnt like beinging toilet paper for us, because he disnt get any tip from
Us. After i told the reception that i booked a trip wirh a private car to rishikesh they were disappointed and cared even less about the service. Only positive issue is the good location close to the railway station. I dont see how that hotel geta good reputation on tripadvisor. Maybe fake?! And we are not very demanding guests i must confess...
Tjark liedtke from
Germany

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Romanrocks

Dear Sir,

I am sorry you should feel not so good about our hotel. However, I may inform you that all reviews are genuine reviews. You could contact each of the guests who have stayed with us and found our services to be of excellent quality.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Dont believe the pictures on the net!!!! We were fed up with cheap backpacking accommodation with cold water so when we got to Delhi we booked this hotel. It was a decent sized room with a comfortable bed and it was clean by Indian standards. The bathroom had lovely hot water which was very welcome and the beds were really comfortable so we managed to recharge our batteries here before taking on more of India if you know what I mean. I think we just needed a break from India when we got to Delhi and this hotel provided that. The location is great - walking distance from train station and the staff were helpful and friendly. It cost more than a back packers hotel but it was worth it...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Rama_Inn, Owner at OYO 3472 Hotel Rama Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Dear Mr Phil

Thank you for sparing the time to review our property. We really appreciate it. We hope you will come back once again to recharge your battery before leaving India.