“Great place to unwind and if you skate there is a half pipe here that the owner built.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gargola Pizzeria and Skateboarding
Cuisines: Pizza, Healthy
Description: Wood fired oven pizzas and soy burgers,homemade yogurt and ice cream.. special coffee, skateboarding mini ramp,professional skateboarding lesson for kids...surfboards repairs for next day...
Reviewed 3 January 2014

organic smoothies is what we had here. I here the pizza is fabulous. The cook is Italian. Very nice people with lots of good advice for tourist and wanna be locals like us.

Date of visit: December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We had a great pizza here for dinner!!! The couple will most definitely give you a warm welcome and you will be surprised to find such good quality woodfired pizza in Bocas!! I definitely recommend this cozy place for a nice simple dinner out. Definitely order the youghurt and granola for breakfast, it is absolutely amazing and home made :) trust me you will not regret it!!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I met Daniel (one of the proprietors) as I was attempting to enter the water at Paunch (local reef break in Bocas Del Toro). Daniel kindly corrected my chosen path and saved me from entering the urchin infested area.

When we tried Gargola Pizza, I made the connection. The wood fired pizza from his Italian ceramic oven is stellar. His (and his wife's) kindness and generosity spills over into their cooking. The pizza is on par with some of the best pizzas that I've had both domestically in the USA and abroad in Europe. I am very particular about my pizza and live in a 'foodie' town, and consider the perfectly cooked thin crust and seasoning as spot-on. This is the real deal.

As other reviewers mentioned, they also make fantastic home-made yogurt with local honey as well as granola. And yes, their peanut butter ice cream is unbelievable.

Located just before the end of the pavement on the way to Paunch, it's worth the bike or taxi ride from town.

Brent

1  Thank brent l
Reviewed 26 July 2013

amazing soy burgers and pan fried french fries in virgin clean oil!!
wood fired pizza for only 7$
the best yogurt i have ever had!! Lovely couple!
They also make jewelry!! Never got to skate the ramp due to rain but that didn't stop the good times and laughs!! They are a great resource for local knowledge!!
This place and these people are the real deal!
They support the community so it was a pleasure to spend money w/ them!

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

To say that Daniel and Alessandra run this wonderful little pizza place would be true, but that doesn't cover even half of what they do. They make homemade yogurt, granola and the absolute best peanut butter ice cream you'll ever put in your mouth. Daniel used to be a chef in Italy and imported a wood fired pizza oven from there. The crust, the sauce - everything about it is perfect. But that's not all, Daniel also built a skateboard ramp and teaches local kids how to skateboard. He's teaching my kids how to surf every morning while we're here and he repairs surfboard dings. Definitely worth a trip while in Bocas!