All reviews bad night perfect location other islands hot water fridge wifi noise town taxis
Reviewed 17 January 2018

If you don't mind not to sleep at night this is the place. I stayed in the room with a balcony and it is lousy all night long. foot traffic throughout the night, and music from the bars until 4 a.m. not to mention the police vehicles across the street the officers leave the engines running all night long outside the hotel. The worst part the manager who runs the hotel does not care for his clients or the fact that you are on vacation to relax. The following morning, I asked the manager kindly if I can switch rooms given the circumstances however, his take on it was that BOCA's town is a town of entertainment and I should have known better when I rented the room and he said if I didn't like it I can leave at the same time while he clapped his hand and made a motion towards the door he was rude and hostile the choice of his words while addressing me where degrading. He then went on to offer me another room charging me twice more than what I paid the first night. I have never been humiliated in such a vulgar manner. Ultimately, my sister had another room towards the back of the hotel and her and I switched rooms unfortunately, as noisy but we had no choice given the unexpected situation and we did not want to waste a vacation day looking for another room. DA San Diego California

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank luli2199
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed in a 2-bed room and found it incredibly overpriced for what it offers. It is close to the center of town, which is really its only saving grace. The layout was bad - the "living" room had an empty kitchenette with a fridge, a small dining set (all plastic), mismatched furniture (a dirty futon and old armchair). The bedroom had 2 double beds that were actually comfortable. The bathroom is tiny and old. Wifi barely reached the bedrooms. There are better options in Bocas Town, just don't wait until the last minute like we did.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I booked this hotel for 2 nights in July 2017. The room was very large and spacious but quite old, and the bathroom was especially worn out. There was air conditioning and a fan, which was great and the bed and sofa was comfortable. However, on the second day, I came home in the evening to find a cockroach in my room. Luckily I came back just in time to call the receptionist to come and take care of it, but needless to say it was very unpleasant. The location is pretty good, near most of the important things, but at night the noise was unbearable. I could hardly sleep it was so loud. I know the hotel can't control that, but it is worth noting down.

All in all, it was a basic hotel, with decent amenities and very helpful staff, but the cockroach was a very severe low point.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I spent 2 separate nights here, and it was a great base for exploring the town as well as the other islands, being just metres from the water taxis. The rooms are pretty basic but they're sizeable and relatively clean. Staff are very friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Ok. Let's be fair. This hostel had a perfect location, good price, rooms had a good size and everything was clean. That would have gotten it a very good rating but here's the thing.

I booked a room for six people (me, my sister and three nephews) for three nights (we were here for a family wedding). The room had a bunk bed in the living room area and a bedroom with two double beds but there was only a/c on the bedroom.

I gave the double beds to my sister and nephews and stayed on the other room and it was hell hot! No ceiling fan and no breeze at all (I mean, I know it's not their fault that there was no breeze).

When I was able to get some sleep, then came the mosquitoes (remember I had to leave to useless windows open) so saying I had a bad night is an understatement.

The next two night my nephews wanted to stay with their cousins who where staying at another hotel nearby and I was able to sleep in the room with the a/c so that made everything so much better.

Aside from that, this is a great option while staying in Isla Colon, but be sure to get a room with a/c because the heat can be unbearable! It was one of the few times I hoped the shower didn't have good hot water, and it did.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family