All reviews nice pool recommend staying here the air conditioning town mould tours
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel 3 days. The hotel itself is nice and has a very nice ambience inside and out. Upon arrival we were given the keys to the room. The breakfast room was also nice and breakast was very good.

1. The security safe ONLY works with the keys which you have to leave at reception when you leave the premises, basically your stuff is at their mercy. The digital locks didn't work at all.

2. On the pillow we found some little balls of wood, presumably wood worm on the ceiling. The rest of the room was in order but they should have made sure the bed was also in top condition.

We were charged full price for the room all three nights but got less than what is advertised on their website:

3. The pool was not in service as they were remodeling. We couldn't enjoy the pool after the beach.

4. They said WiFi is available but it is NOT. You can connect to their internal WiFi network BUT that network has NO CONNECTION TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD (INternet). Basically useless. I talked to the people on the reception SEVERAL times and showed them it wasn't working (I am an IT specialist) but they kindly refused to take action saying they didn't know how to do that.

Considering WiFi wasn't working and the pool wasn't either, I feel we should have been charged a discounted rate. We were charged the normal rate shown on the board.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had two nights and the room we had was newly remodeled with a nice TV but the internet upstairs is very weak. In the lobby is a good connection. A little trouble some that no one told us of the places have different codes. At this time the pool is out and nosey in the day hours for I suppose remodeling. The staff and breakfast very nice..
All in all the nights rest was pleasant.

Room Tip: Sorry I am not sure what would help. We were on an outside room and if the pool was in shape that would be one view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I purchased a 2-night stay for this hotel from OfertaSimple and the accommodations were great. Upon my early arrival, they secured my baggage while I went into the town for breakfast and to look around. Before heading out for a tour, they were able to have a room available and ready for check in. Also secured bags upon early checkout & tour. Very clean hotel/room and friendly staff. The breakfast assortment (included w/stay) was also good. Additionally, the hotel was one of the few places in the entire town that had a generator when the lights went out for most of the night. Many of the other hotels didn't have any light. Away from the noisy bars, etc, but still within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had read other people's reviews on Swans Cay, and must say they were correct on a couple of things.
First, there definitely IS a mold problem with the rooms; the moldy smell could be felt the exact second you entered the room. To me it was just annoying but to someone with allergy/asthma this could be a huge issue. Carpeted floors just isn't a clever idea in a hotel based on pool/beach activities.
Secondly the pool, though a nice idea to continue the fun after a day at the beach, was too deep to really enjoy. The water was a tad cloudy, not "murky" like another traveler said, but nothing that kept me from going in.
One thing I did not appreciate was the absence of the minirefrigerator as advertised on the website. My 9 year old daughter came with me and we were really looking forward to having yogurt, cold juice and water, fruits and cheese sticks in our room for late night snacking. We certainly could do without this but would have then preferred not having it offered to us through the hotel's website. Speaking of which, we never got the wifi to work on the iPad nor on the cell phones. We didn't really miss the wifi, as we were looking forward to "disconnect", but for those of you who have for some reason to be "connected" this could be troblesome.
That being said, we had a pleasant stay. The room was spacious and clean, the beds were comfy and the a/c worked just fine. We had water and electricity throughout our 4 days, which I read other hotels were having a shortage of, so it was excellent to count on those.
Cayuco bar is near the hotel and one night a band played (awful) loud live music, which prevented us from sleeping soundly...but that wasn't the hotels fault. Just be aware that this could be bothersome depending on the location of your room. We stayed at 123 on the first floor, main building.
Staff were not exactly unfriendly but did seem to "blend" in the background, only surfacing to help if summoned.
Overall a nice experience, no huge complaints but no big compliments either. If you are looking for a luxurious experience, go elsewhere. But if you're looking for a nice place with a serene feel, daily breakfast, comfortable beds and a pool for kids who can swim, all while sticking to a budget, then I'd recommend Swan's.

Room Tip: We stayed at room123 on the first floor; if at the time of your stay there are kids making too much noise while having fun in the pool I'd say the room exactly above it on the second floor would be a better choice, as it is a little farther up. Also rooms not near the pool are less likely to have the mold problem.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We went to Boca for New Years without making reservations, this was the only place that had a room. We were shown two rooms, they both smelled bad. We were told the room in the main building was $260 and the room in a building behind the main building was $250. We were discussing the price and were finally told that price was for two nights. We had to pay $150 for one night. That did include New Year's Eve dinner and breakfast the next morning. Dinner was a buffet, and was ok, breakfast was a buffet and terrible. We tried to shower that night before bed and didn't have any water in the shower. When we tried to tell the front desk about it no spoke english. When we went out we were told to leave our key at the front desk, when we wanted to go back to our room we had to wait to get our key and one time were given the wrong key. We have traveled to several different countries and this was our worst hotel experience. Can tell that the the hotel was nice at one time but has not been maintained, picture on line are deceiving. Pool was murky and would not swim in there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple