All reviews the penthouse grinder in town bocas del toro the main street very nice hotel ferry dock other islands fresh fruit the hotel staff every morning third floor would definitely stay here again comfortable beds nice breakfast laundry service the location is perfect
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Easy access to main attractions in Bocas and the center of town, but a little out of the way so that its on a quieter and not so crowded part of the street. Rooms had TV and AC, internet worked well. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was included with our stay and it was super good and made to order. The staff was there 24/7 and were very sweet and helpful. They held our bags for us after checkout. Would come again if in Bocas town.

Date of stay: April 2016
Reviewed 4 May 2016

This hotel was better than I had expected. Our room was clean and spacious. We had a bedroom with plenty of wardrobe space, a large bathroom (shower, no bath) and a very generous lounge area with arm chairs, dining table and chairs and a kitchen area with utensils.
The breakfasts were not buffet style, you picked from a menu. The were possibley some of the best I have ever had, all freshly prepared to order.
The staff were friendly and helpful.They can book trips for you. There didn't seem to be a problem with English here, unlike at Gamboa.
We had a room at the front with a large bacony around 3 sides with furniture.
Our room overlooked the sea front and ferry terminal.This could be seen without going onto the balcony; handy when it rains !
The hotel is next to a small convenience store and 2 restaurants but it's no distance to walk to the others in Bocas.
Bocas is a very laid back place. All the restaurants are on the main drag and within a few minutes walk. Most of them open onto the waterfront.
The beach was some distance away( and wasn't particularly nice) but this doesn't matter as you are very close to a boat 'taxi rank' where you can get small boat taxis to lovely beaches, I recommend Starfish beach.

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 16 April 2016

We were in another hotel our first night in town and were not happy with our accommodations. While out walking we found Hotel Palma Royale and wandered in to talk to the woman at the desk. She gave us a key to go look at a room that was open on the second floor, and it was a beautiful room. Large, well decorated, clean, nice kitchenette with dining table...more than we needed for this stay in some ways, but perfect. We went back to the desk to see if they had a room available for the rest of our stay, and if they had a room on the 4th floor. They had a 4th floor room opening the next day.

The room was a different layout than the one we looked at, but just as nice. Kitchen, separate sleeping area with comfortable bedding (pillows not so much), gorgeous tiled bathroom, nice closet with a safe, ironing board, balcony with table and chairs, nice living room area and a desk. It was $40.00 a night more than at our original hotel...but worth every bit of it.

The staff was courteous and efficient across the board; including letting me get coffee early in the morning even though they were not open for breakfast yet. We wanted to stay in Bocas Town because we were coming to dive, and the best thing was that our room looked right down on our dive shop across the street. I thought the breakfast was perfect for our needs, admittedly we kept it simple since we were going scuba diving...eggs, toast, fresh fruit and coffee. We had cocktails in the evening during happy hour; and although it was a small bar, it was stocked well enough. My husband drinks a cocktail called a Blind Russian, which has Kahlua, Absolut (his preference) and Baileys Irish Cream...and they had all the ingredients to make this drink. He showed them one time, and it was perfect after that. Because of our business it is important that I stay in touch, and I had no trouble with the WiFi regardless of when I used it.

Overall my experience with this hotel was wonderful, and without question I would stay here again on my next trip. Is it perfect, probably not...but they do a really good job. On a side note, one of the main reasons we moved to this hotel was because there was a water shortage in town; definitely not the fault of the hotel owners. When we stopped by to look at this hotel I was assured that they had large enough storage tanks that water would never be a problem and was not rationed. During my first shower after coming back from diving I ran out of water...it turns out they were just changing tanks and it came back on quickly. They switch tanks in the middle of the afternoon because most guests are not in their rooms...normally that is probably true!

Room tip: We were on the 4th floor at the far end...great view, quiet room.
Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Hykes15
Reviewed 5 April 2016

We loved our stay here -- in fact we loved it so much that when they didn't have availability for the full time we were there -- we left for another property and came back for the last few days here! Our 1 BR suite had a great view of the water. The rooms are really comfortable, clean and have a great kitchenette area (although I agree with someone else who said the pillows could be better). The staff are really what makes this place so much more than a hotel. They are personable, friendly, professional and always available and able to make your stay perfect. Breakfasts were delicious. I'm counting the days until we can go back again. Please try it - you won't be disappointed!

Date of stay: February 2016
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Just departed Palma Royale 3 days ago, and feel it is important to share my observations as well. I have read many of the reviews, and in fact, rely heavily on them when booking into a Hotel or eating at a restaurant. I agree with many of the positives that are outlined from the reviews, but have to outline the negatives so others are aware. First, the WiFi is unreliable. I would place it at 50% capacity and I was there 5 days. Second, the female waitresses at breakfast were anything but friendly, and on one of the mornings took my friend's order and completely ignored me, sitting there at the same table, eagerly awaiting the chance to order. Thirdly, the bacon that we ordered was beyond edible on two of the four mornings we ate there. The coffee at breakfast regretfully was not ground, but tasted like Folger's or worse. Fourth, if you are on the second or third floor, water drips onto the air conditioning unit, making sleep near impossible unless you have headphones you can sleep in. The front office staff is indeed helpful, but for the prices we paid these basic essentials should be provided, and not regretted. Sorry, but just being fair.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Woodrow C