All reviews big balcony late night noise facing the ocean star hotel spacious room mini fridge in town fresh fruit water bocas recepcionist island dylan taxis deck
Reviewed 20 February 2017

I would not stay here if they paid me. I had to wait for them to get the right room. I told them I was staying for a birthday but they made no special adjustments.
The curtains were stained, with I don't know what.
Breakfast was included but was only cereal,toast and fruits. They was dirty plates I had to hand back, dirty cutlery I had to clean myself, ants crawling around the food, and IN THE JUICE after trying to pour a drink without bugs in twice, I left.
Just a dirty place - although it's cheaper than the other places, spend your money elsewhere, for your own sake and piece of mind. And they did not change/wash bedsheets. In a place that is 30 degrees, they should at least change the pillowcases

Pretty sure the reviews here are from backpackers, not people who prefer and are used to a nice hotel

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dyllan M, General Manager at Bocas Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

I am sure you are reviewing the wrong hotel, nothing that you say here could be further from the truth for Bocas Paradise. The curtains are new and not stained, we do change sheets and the rooms are air conditioned. There are no bugs on our extensive buffer that includes way more than cereal toasts and fruit. We have guests from all over the world and of all ages and backgrounds staying with us. I can only think that somehow you have us confused with somewhere else.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

This was a great stay! Clean, super friendly staff, our room was nice, warm water, good AC and good breakfast and very conveniently located.......BUT!! I wanted to socialize a lil more in the hotel, perhaps have dinner from the supposedly great chef they have and I say supposedly cause I NEVER TRIED THE FOOD!! I think they could have paid a lil more attention to the guests at night time. I had to go to another place to get a beer every nite I was there, which I didn't mind but it would have been nice to seat and drink at the hotel and just enjoy the view. I know they were going through some "soft opening" at another bar, but I felt they completely forgot about the nite time entertainment at the hotel. All that cold beer in that fridge behind the bar wasn't going to drink itself you know! I'm sure it might be different now, regardless it is a lovely hotel and you should stay here if you go to Bocas. Cheers!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dyllan M, General Manager at Bocas Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Many thanks for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the hotel, its facility's and the staff. Regarding the nightly entertainment there are 3 options - the hotel bar/restaurant it open for drinks and dinner from 5pm Tuesday to Sunday. We also have our beach club with a free shuttle open all day for drinks, food and a great place to hang out on the beach

Reviewed 29 January 2017

My group and I had a wonderful stay at the Bocas Paradise Hotel! This was my first time in the area but I don't think the location could have been more perfect for us. I had heard that the main part of town gets noisy - and yes, down some of the blocks it is like an all day/night party. Which can be super fun if that's what you're there for, but also hard to relax and sleep. This hotel was just a short walk (as most of the town is), to all the restaurants or excursion dock points. The staff was also SO friendly! The guys who own the building are very cool and the woman who runs the kitchen is so sweet. We had to take some meals to go, and had three vegetarians in our group, which can be tricky. She would go above and beyond to accommodate us with new entrees each day. The rooms were great also. I had a beautiful view of the water and a balcony. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Bocas del Toro gets really hot, but that's just the way it is. You come in each day probably full of sand, and the service always seemed to get it clean again.

Would definitely return and recommend this spot to friends!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dyllan M, General Manager at Bocas Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Many thanks for your great review! We are so pleased your group enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We stayed for three days and two nights. This place was amazing and quiet and the staff was very friendly, My 9 year old son really enjoyed his stay and enjoyed the interaction with the kitchen staff Gina and the twins also the housekeeper, super friendly, please forgive me but we cannot remember their names. The view was fantastic! we can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dyllan M, General Manager at Bocas Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Many thanks for your great review. I have passed your wonders comments on the the staff. Hope to see you back at Bocas Paradise real soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Do not waste your money!
Stay somewhere else. Looks nice on the hotel web sites but don't be fooled. Staff is very unfriendly & unhelpful. NO hot water & trust me there is nothing pleasant about being forced to take a cold shower. Asked for two glasses & some ice but was told they could not help me. Web sites also say they except credit cards but they demand cash only at check in & for food, bar, etc. Room & balcony was nice but the service & COLD shower killed it for $$$ a night!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dyllan M, General Manager at Bocas Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Many thanks for your review. It is always possible that things like the hot water may malfunction, however in your case when you reported it we immediately responded and checked and it was working, our on demand system takes a moment to work. As for my staff being unfriendly this is simply not true, please read our other reviews to see how everybody comments on the wonderful friendly staff. I'm sorry we did not meet your standards for a hotel, we aim at all times to have our guests enjoy their stay with us