“Food is tastes ok , but found hair in my dish”
Review of Olive Restaurant

Olive Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Sveti Stefan
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Olive Restaurant, is nestled in the dazzling ambience of Sveti Stefan, in the shade of centuries-old olive trees, right next to what is, according to many,the most alluring Montenegrin beach, and overlooking the peninsula built up in the 15th century.Olive Restaurant offers its guests a diverse menu suitable for every occasion,whether a relaxing breakfast,lunch or dinner,or intimate celebrations.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So we came to visit sveti stefan and decided to eat in this moderately priced restaurant. I ordered soup and seabass with shrimps , I first got my main course and then I had to remind waiter for my soup , he brought me it right away together with my main course. Next when I ate my main course in prawn i found black hair of a woman but the waiter refused to give a discount or in any way excuse for this not satisfying moment.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

A beautiful wrapper with a pacifier inside.
From the very beginning waiter met me with words that I can't sit where I wanted. He said that this is a place for big companies, despite the fact that the restaurant was almost empty. I went to another room.
It's look like simple cafe with good decor inside.
The choice of the menu is poor. For vegetarians is almost no choice.
Prices are not justified big.
Food is only looks good but it doesn't delicious. I also received orange juice with seeds.
At the end, waiter surprised me! She turned her back on me and just got me cash from her wallet. Is it restaurant? This is a cafe with a beautiful view. I don't recommend it.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We went there as it was recommended by Lonely Planet. Views truly beautiful. Shame it’s all the resort now but still lovely to look at. The restaurant wasn’t busy despite of the lunch time although it has to be said the restaurant is very big and there is lovely wisteria growing, must be beautiful when flowering! There is also a very spacious play ground attached to the restaurant, great for kids with too much of energy :) the lady turned up to take our drinks order, drinks were served and then we were waiting forever for someone to turn up and take food order. We actually ended up calling the waitress as she wasn’t paying much attention to us. I almost felt as I didn’t look posh enough to be given more attention specially when next to our table we had a rich Russian family with big expensive watches and immaculate clothes. Anyway once the order was taken we didn’t wait too long for the food. There is no kids portions so I decided to order two mains and share them with two my kids. We were served bread , olive oil with garlic and cream cheese. Bread was lovely. First of my mains was a sea bass with prawns, asparagus and carrot and parsnip salad. Fish and prawns were lovely, asparagus was good but the salad was extremely boring, just raw veg grated on a plate. No dressing. Would be nice with some lemon dressing I think. Second main was a checked with creamy Parmesan sauce and pea and celeriac puree. Chicken was lovely and soft, purée was tasty but the whole dish was lacking a bit of the crunch element (one little tomato on the top of the purée doesn’t do the job). Felt a bit like eating baby food. Maybe crispy bacon or chorizo could bring a bit of the crunch and enhance the flavour of the dish. We also ordered chips with Parmesan and truffle oil. they were average to be honest. Overall I’d happily try other dishes so would give another chance.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

First and foremost it must be noted, with a view like this, Olive could serve horrible food and still be frequented by customers. Stunning location overlooking the island, and excellent sunset views are enough to draw anyone in. The food itself is NOT HORRIBLE, but is just ok; in a town with friendlier places and better meals it is tough to endorse this place on food quality alone. I went for breakfast and ordered the Montenegro platter (hard boiled eggs, prosciutto, tomatoes, local cheese) and was somewhat disappointed in overall food quality; however, I was not disappointed enough to stay away. I returned for lunch, and ordered the cuttlefish risotto. I’ve been on a cuttlefish risotto mission throughout the coast... although this was presented beautifully, it was the most expensive at 15 euro and was my least favorite. The salad with feta and tomatoes (Anita) was pretty good. The cocktails are decent (Negroni is noteworthy), and house wine is excellent.

While I admire the fact that I was not rushed to leave my table, and the staff was friendly, it was difficult to receive any sort of service (no one brings a menu, drinks, etc. without it being requested). Again somewhat disappointing in one of the rare restaurants in town that has a cover charge.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This is the best resturant in Sveti Stefan considering the quality and service and also the atmosphere. We were three people and there for dinner and we have ordered different meals and all of us liked the meals. They were really tasty. The prices are the highest in Sveti Stefan but worth to it.