“Scam scam , not recommended ”
Review of Chez Maggy

Chez Maggy
Ranked #44 of 121 Restaurants in Aguas Calientes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The food is very so so . I could say it is one of my worst food in South America . The final bill , they scam us with additional local service of 9 sole, when we asked them what is it , they said " ohh it's a mistake" . The food is about 30 sole per dish , a bit expensive to pay for a not good food.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

After a sub-par experience based on the people approaching me as I walked down the street, I checked the web and saw good reviews for Chez Maggy. I was not disappointed!

The restaurant was empty when we stepped in after the Machu Picchu shuttle back into town. The gentleman there took our pizza order, fired up the oven and crafted the pizza while we watched. It was delicious.

For us, it was a great experience. The pizza was delicious. Please see the pictures.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We went for a late lunch here after it being recommend to us and it honestly was some of the worse food we have had in South America. Nachos consisted of cold crisps and melted cheese that was also cold. The pizza was also cold and incredibly bland.

Seems like a place where they don’t care about the customer as they know you are only around for a few days!

Avoid. Not worth the walk up hill. Not worth the money.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

This place has the worse everything, food is awful, service is worst they have about 4 servers witch non of them have an idea whats going on bringing wrong drinks, wrong food , and spending must of the time on their phones or using headphones ( are you kidding me) aaaand on top of that food takes about 25 minutes lukewarm food, we finally left must of the food on the plate cause it really wasn't good we ask to pay for our food and they charge us extra 5 soles for the worst service of my life. When i ask the guy he said is optional but obviously they are trying to Scam you,careful out there.... this is why people end up eating at places that are not run by locals.

I hate doing this I never do reviews, but is not fear for any tourist to deal with this kind of places.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

We sat down having read good reviews about their nachos. After ordering the nachos and 2 burritos we waited for 30 minutes. What came out was a tiny plate of bland nachos, no cutlery or salt. Another hour later ONE burrito came out, and they were shocked that we had ordered 2... For 2 people. I can't fathom why you'd own/run a restaurant if you are so incredibly inept at doing so. We explained to the waiter why we were underpaying, stood up and walked out. Terrible food, far too expensive and a total waste of time.

You won't be fed. Go elsewhere please, for your own sake.