“Avoid”

Hotel La Cabana Machu Picchu
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Aguas Calientes
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I got an upgrade to the Cabana Luxury (unit 2 of this hotel, near the train station), but it looked like a Trojan: intermittent internet, broken safe, very noisy room (my window in room 511 was behind the school courtyard). And as the room does not have air conditioning, you should keep the windows open for fresh air, adding to the noise. And after the bath, I realized that the bathtub had leaked and the room was flooded

The staff are the best of this hotel. But they work under a medieval labor policy: the use of the elevator is forbidden for employees, even when accompanying guests. I went up the elevator to the fifth floor, while the employee ran up the stairs. I'll never tay here again!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms ins back side
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Sylvio77429
Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Not impressed: had USD $200 stolen from our room. Check out was at 9:30 am! There are two La Cabana's in Aguas Calientes. Make sure you don't choose this one. Breakfast, including coffee (might as well have been mud), was terrible.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah D
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We did 2D/1N Inca trail hike with hotel. So our tour company booked this hotel for us. The room space is good. The bathroom is very very tiny and the toilet was surrounded by water on the floor, tried to figure out where it came from, had no clue. The bathroom and room was not clean. It was a cold night, they put a room heater when we went to the room and turned it on that time. It was turned off automatically at night, the room was cold in the morning. I'll not recommend this hotel. The breakfast was good compared to the cleanliness of the room we stayed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarmin16
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of our trek to Machu Picchu. The beds were comfy and I had a good night's sleep (although after a 3:30am start and a day if trekking, I could have slept anywhere!) The hotel also provided us with a breakfast to go the following morning when we were up early.

However, our clothes felt damp in the morning. I think this was likely due to there being a gap above the bathroom door which had no glass/plastic fitted and so steam from the shower dissipated into the room. Additionally, given that the hotel is billed as being luxurious, I would have expected it to be a bit nicer. I had an underlying feeling that it wasn't entirely clean, which I just couldn't shake.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stayed at the La cabana sister hotel on calle Tusuq through LlamaPath. I am not sure what the original hotel is like, but this La cabana was modern looking and clean. We met the hotel manager, who was very helpful. He mentioned that the hotel was newly renovated (there is no sign on the outside) and checked us into our rooms right away and was helpful in providing us information about the train, and where to eat. He also let us leave our bags at the hotel the next day after check-out until it was time to catch our train and was happy to give us extra towels and shampoo when we asked.
Breakfast was great, our eggs were made to order and there was a nice spread for us to choose from. I liked their papaya juice.
Great place to stay after a long hike! The shower was hot, the room and bathrooms were clean and cute, and the hotel staff was very nice.

I would recommend you stay here if you get the chance. It was very quiet and our group had a great nights rest after our hike.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends