1,118 results
All reviews train station machu picchu hot springs rose petals the main street top floor wonderful stay breakfast was delicious inca trail large room jacuzzi tub water pressure stored our luggage stayed here for one night junior suite yogurt stay in aguas calientes
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We stayed at La Cabana for one night before an early morning trip to Machu Picchu. We were directed to a new building right on the main street next to the river and when we checked in we were given a beautiful, updated room on the 5th floor with a huge bay window overlooking the town. Our bed was huge (but weirdly combined a queen and a twin bed) and all of the amenities were great. The room included sinks and a jacuzzi tub in the main space, with separate small rooms for the toilet and shower.

Also, given our early wake-up call, there was no time for the hotel breakfast, but if you ask them the night before they will make you a snack pack you can bring with you to Machu Picchu. The food in ours was very basic and specifically in ours the bananas were too brown and soggy to eat, but in general, it got the job done.

Overall it was a great experience, but given the pictures from other reviewers, it looks like they had us in a different, updated building.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This hotel has been previously renovated and was absolutely amazing. I was expecting this hotel to be one of the more unpleasant of our stay but we were blown away. Everything has been renovated. This turned out to be the nicest hotel we stayed at for the entire trip. The beds were big and so comfortable, huge shower and massive tub. The location is amazing, literally a minute walk from the train station and our room was spotless. The staff happily gave us a map and highlighted certain areas so we easily found our way around and the breakfast was hot and ready at 5 am the morning we visited Machu Picchu. I can not recommend enough!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2017

This hotel was included in our Machu Picchu tour. I would not stay here again and wouldn't recommend it for anyone. Despite a friendly front desk staff and decent breakfast, the stay was unpleasant. The room wasn't particularly clean; I wore my flip flops to walk around. The walls seemed to be made of plywood--the din coming in from the street and courtyard was annoying and we could hear every person as they entered the hotel. In fact, the bathroom window doesn't even fully close. (We kept the bathroom door closed and it didn't quiet the noise at all.) I will say that I slept very well anyway, thanks to the Machu Picchu hiking! The bed wasn't miserable, and a hot shower with good water pressure was much appreciated. Still, I highly recommend finding another property - this was a small step above a hostel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Our tour agency booked this hotel for me and three friends when we did the two day one night short Inca trail hike.

The hotel was farther from the bus stop and town square compared to other hotels, but since the town is pretty small, it was not difficult to walk around.

Check in staff was nice and breakfast was delicious with a lot of selections. The hotel is quaint and interesting as the floors were not right above each other. It was like walking a small maze and kind of fun to not be in a typical square hotel.

We had two rooms - two people to a room. The rooms were simple and clean. Beds were comfortable. Unfortunately bathrooms were really small and our room had a leaky sink while my friends had a leaky toilet.

Wifi was slow from our rooms but it was probably because our rooms were in a corner. Wifi in the lobby / breakfast area was a little faster.

Only complaint other than the small bathrooms was that we were woken up at 5am by what sounded like heavy construction outside the hotel. Couldn't tell if it was one-time construction or normal occurrence of locals dragging wagons around. There was a lot of construction in town when we were there so hopefully you won't get woken up in the same way =)

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed for one night at La Cabana. I must say the hotel staff is good, but the hotel is a complete DUMP. Our hotel room had mildew and mold, creating massive health and allergy concerns. Our room had NO WINDOWS. The only ventilation in the room was a small 12x12 glass opening in the shower. The sink had NO HOT WATER. The room provided no ventilation, unless you wanted to open your room to the hallway via unsecured sliding glass windows. If you opened the hallway windows, then ALL NOISE from the lobby and stairwell kept you up all night. The door to the bathroom was splattered with a white residue, looked like toothpaste, dirty water, or mildew. This hotel is one of the worst I ever experienced in my travels. DO NOT BOOK this hotel, it is a disgusting and dirty property. You would be better to sleep in the gutter of the streets.

Stayed: May 2017