1,132 results
All reviews train station machu picchu hot springs rose petals the main street top floor wonderful stay breakfast was delicious inca trail the room was nice water pressure jacuzzi tub stored our luggage stayed here for one night yogurt stay in aguas calientes beds were comfortable
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The walls are paper-thin. So thin that you can hear the neighbour from down the hall´s toilet flush never mind the bodily functions of my roommate as clear as a bell. The toilet is so close to the wall he couldn´t sit straight. Construction started right outside our window at 7:30am. You have to check out at 9am. On the plus side the beds were comfortable and well-blanketed, there is free w-fi, and a decent breakfast. I have no experience with other hotels in this town - this may be the norm.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in August 2011. We had a great stay and the service was wonderful. A representative from La Cabana picks you up from the train station and walks you to the hotel. Just like Cusco, lots of steep streets but I loved it! We stayed in the top room, I believe it was the biggest one for only one night. The bed was very comfortable and everything was clean!
The receptionist mentioned that we could check out the hot springs but we were too caught up with exploring Aguas Calientes and its Mercado. We were unable to check out the breakfast because we woke up at 4am to be on the first buses to Machu Picchu.
Overall, really great stay no complaints...except, oh yeah! One huge spider looked at us while we slept...I would still recommend staying here regardless, I didn't let one spider ruin my trip =D

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Farah D
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My partner and I stayed in La Cabana Machupiccu, great location, fantastic service, friendly staff, hot showers and great accommodation. We were surprised and very happy to stay in La Cabana Machupicchy. Clean, good food and once again fantastic service we have recommended it to our friends and Family - In spanish este hotel tiene un buen servicio. La habitacion que nos dieron era comoda, (tenia mucho olor a humedad eso si), estaba limpio, caliente y no tuvimos problema con el agua caliente. We also loved the Aguas Calientes town, cute

Room Tip: We stayed in matrimonial superior room, but we did see the other rooms and they where very nice and clean too.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

La Cabaña was a pleasant surprise for us. Though not super cheap, it's a deal for Aguas Calientes, and is cozy with a fantastic staff. The beds are fluffy and comfortable, the rooms clean and well appointed, and the free unlimited fruit and tea/coffee a welcome addition. Plus there's free wifi and many lovely communal spaces. It's on the main avenue and is easy to find and get to.

I'd enthusiastically recommend La Cabaña to anyone who's looking for something other than a hostel in Machu Picchu town

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We had a great family experience, renting three rooms for a night prior to visiting Machu Picchu. Very nice hotel. Rooms were simple but clean, well-appointed, and tastefully decorated. Two standard rooms were average in size. We rented a superior room (Room 50), which was quite a bit larger. Nice linens. Great breakfast. Super friendly and helpful staff. A very good value in comparison to the luxury properties in Aguas Calientes. Conveniently located in the upper portion of the town, but easily accessible to the bus and train stations. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family