All reviews lake facing top floor basic accommodations walking distance hot water and ac nice surroundings hotel is located central america nicaraguan standards couple of nights finca volcano breeze island fan horses flowers
Reviewed 5 August 2017

On a positive note, the staff is very nice, many of them speak English. Also, the food is very good in the restaurant - they prepared tilapia very nicely there. The coffee is local and has a very good flavor.

Otherwise, I was very disappointed with this hotel. There are just so many animals in the rooms and right outside of the rooms (ants, flies, spiders, grasshoppers, geckos, bats, etc.), it's like a zoo inside. There is insect droppings all over the bedding. Found two spiders in my bed, too.

There is no hot water in some rooms, and A/C costs extra. Unfortunately, since the hotel is run by solar power, there are black outs at night when the power is out (during the rainy season). Meaning it can be very hot inside the rooms at night.

The hotel is far away from everything. There is not that much to do around the area either.

Wouldn't book this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank alo6
Reviewed 22 July 2017

- The grounds were not the most beautiful I've ever seen but they were nice, with lake views, some trees, and the occasional horse wandering about. Nice sunset. 3 hammocks strung up.
- Restaurant pretty average.
- Didn't have a very good sleep, probably because I decided not to pay the $15 extra per night for A/C.
- In some rooms (inc mine) the shower has no hot water. When I asked if I could have a hot shower after returning from a hike up Conception volcano on a rainy day they let us use the hot shower in one of the other unoccupied rooms.
- Yes bugs and geckos around but I liked that :) Didn't notice any biting insects.
- Location out on its own, you can't walk to town.
I stayed here 2 nights as part of an organised tour.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Like orher reviewers we too we here as part of a tour. Our room was very spacious with balcony overlooking lake. We really enjoyed our stay here - very relaxing sitting on our own balcony. Yes beach is not great but same water so did swim in lake just in front of our room. Butterfly place just next door.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I was in a rush and booked this property without reading ANY reviews. Upon arriving, I realized that this is more of a "cabin," then a hotel. You HAVE to be O.K. with LOTS of BUGS (flying insects, crawling bugs/roaches, geckos, poop droppings ALL over the white bedding, lots of mosquitoes - with NO mosquito net!). I came during low season, so it was somewhat of a depressing and isolated experience, as there were only about 3-4 other guests. I complained about the room and the person that checked me in was nice enough to show me 6 other rooms to try and get me to stay, but I just couldn't. Again, this was low season and every room I looked at had poop droppings on the bedding, so that grossed me out, especially when they wanted to charge me about $40-45 per/night. As for location, this hotel is isolated, there aren't any restaurants or markets that are close by. I ended up paying an expensive cab ride to get me out of there at about 7-8pm at night! I ended up at Hotel Villa Paraíso for an extra $10 per night which a MUCH better ambiance.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautiful location and has the potential to be great. However it was extremely hard to keep the bugs out no matter how hard we tried making it quite uncomfortable to sleep.
It is also very secluded which makes it the only option for food... which wasn't great. It would go a long way if they focused on doing a few dishes well than a big range of food done poorly.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends