See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Location is awesome, literally at the base of Erg Chebbi in the sand, great colours (and peaceful) , perfect for artists, writers, etc. Camels are 5 minutes away, but I hiked to the top of the dunes by foot (very strenuous) and the next day to the lake. Merzouga / Supratours Bus is only 10 minute walk and they offer free shuttle pickup/drop-off. The Berber food included (breakfast and dinner) was delicious and very filling; all the staff were extremely friendly. I just chilled when not out and the Wifi was very fast and in all areas, including rooms, which are wonderfully decorated traditionally and have huge bathrooms. I shall return for a month next year, Thanks Ali and Muhammad :) !!!

Nothing was wrong, absolutely wonderful place. The only thing that I didn't like was leaving.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared great, I did have an end room with a wonderful view of the clear blue sky contrasting to the orange-red Desert Ocre.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I was held hostage by Auberge Les Pyramides in the desert. I as afraid and terrified when I was in their control. The guide on the desert trek was taciturn and said nothing to me except get on the camel. He did not even introduce himself. He did not say where we were going or the time of the trek. The Auberge Les Pyramides guide agreed to wake me to see the sunset. He knocked on my tent I dressed quickly and he disappeared leaving me alone in the desert. After searching I found him in a tent eating breakfast. He looked at me, again said nothing and returned to eating frightening me as I was in his control and he was the only way I could get out of the desert. I was his hostage. He later told me he was an english literature major and he had to take a job as a guide because of the economic conditions. This helps explain his hostility to me and his angry demeaner. Needless to say I missed the sunrise ruining the trek and my stay at Auberge Les Pyramides. You must pay a bribe to Auberge Les Pyramides hustlers as you approach Murzuaga as the hotel has only one sign at the entrance and it is very difficult to find over a rough piste road very hard on the suspension of my rental car. I do not know what I would do if it broke so far away in the desert. The hustlers are very aggressive and frieghtening to a loan traveler They do not state their price until you are at the hotel in their control and can charge whatever they want since you are ten hours from Fez and tired after a long journey. It was a great releif to leave their control.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank we95ks2
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

The owner and staffs here are very kind and friendly. I was a solo traveller but I didn't feel lonely at all because I enjoyed talking with them when they had time. I really felt relaxed while staying here!

They have free Wifi, 24hours hot shower, air conditioner in rooms. Room was very clean and comfortable for stay. They serve very good dinner as well.

I would definitely come back here again!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank azoyg
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Really lovely camp site at the foot of the dunes with no wall to spoil the view. Very warm reception from the owner Ali with mint tea, who also organised our camel trek to see the sunset over Merzouga. Good showers, a washing machine and an excellent restaurant. The best breakfast to be had in Morocco. There are rooms available which looked great , but they were fully booked when we arrived. Internet works well. Can highly recommend this auberge/ camping.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank stracam
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

Nice 1 week spent in les pyramides,our plan was for one night but after to meet the people who work here we decide to stay more.
The location is so good,in the morning you have the view in the bigest dunes,in the night so quiet.
For anything what you need are here any time Ali,Yusef and Moha.
The price is chiper than all other places and the best service.
Thanks for all good from the people from the desert

• Stayed: November 2012