All reviews rabbit quinoa tagine taxi drive creme caramel yogurt bread fireplace detour succulent honey morocco town medina hammam mountains
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We went to this place for lunch while staying in Chefchaouen a few kilometres away. It had been recommended and we weren't disappointed.
The Moroccan salad starters were lovely. I then had roasted rabbit with some lovely vegetables, also roasted and deliciously flavoured while my girlfriend had a sundried tomato and olive pasta dish.
Flan (creme caramel) finished things off nicely!
We spoke to the owner for some time who was very friendly and just as helpful when we asked for any recommended walks in the area.
On our return we again chatted with the owner, some mint tea on the house (with freshly picked absinthe included) was drunk while waiting for our taxi back and we continued to talk. We discovered that the auberge has it's own olive grove and grows many of its own vegetables.
If you are in the area I would strongly recommend stopping by, or even staying here overnight, as it seems breakfast is something worth trying her too.
Nice surroundings too and a genuinely pleasant atmosphere.
Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I don't know if I want to tell everyone just what a special place this is, because then they might get booked up and I DEFINITELY am going back! I spent Christmas at this venue and it was one of the best times: breakfasts are not to be missed, fresh organic eggs, breads baked daily and yummy spreads and cheeses, juices - delicious and served with grace and a smile, staff are accommodating, the location is unbeatable, the rooms are rustic and charming. A perfect hideaway .......... Shhhhhhhhh. don't tell everyone!

Room Tip: if you are going in the cooler months - grab a room with it's own fire, then, when you go back to your room there is a lovely fire burning to welcome you
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014

an experience unlike the town riads, the beautiful auberge is a wonderful alternative. Think of an english cottage, or an auberge in switzerland: perhaps a little more on the simple side, but so cosy! The family that runs it is very kind, and helpful. Not to mention the food, which is fresh, local, and full of flavour. Ask the staff to help you catch a collective taxi for 5 - 10 dhm into the city of Chefchaouen, and/or enjoy calm (and easy) walks around the b&b.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We have not stayed there but came specially for dinner. It was well worth taxi drive cost. Assorted grills and tajines, nice cheese and salads, most of the things are grown by themselves so ideally fresh and with trendy words like bio and organic)). Large portions. Place deserves to be listed additionally/separately as a restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We come often to Morocco as we have a holiday home in Tangiers and had pinpointed this place as a "must try" since our last visit to it during Ramadan in 2010 when it was closed,at least the restaurant, we just visited now on 2nd January for my birthday and had breakfast and luncher here, amazing, we were the only people in the restaurant, my wife and I but the service was great and we had a fast and really lovely meal. Started with a hearty salad with goat's cheese that we shared for two and then my wife had the mixed grill which was superb and I had the roasted rabbit with vegetables and hot potatoes, equally superb. To finish a lovely lemen pie which was also certainly home made and delicious - this is one of the best finds we have to suggest in the region so if you want to escape the tourist traps of Chefchaouen and experience the beautiful countryside of the region and wonderful cooking go for it. Only gotcha is be careful on the prices of the handycraft in the shop as you should bargain like anywhere else and know your prices beforehand, as they can sometimes be a bit greedy on the initial prices so don't be fooled they are fixed..enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple