All reviewsindoor pooltop floorblue cityroom was largesend someonelobby areano alcoholbreakfast and dinnerprivate terraceno liftbeautiful riadyour luggagechicken tagineboutique hotelvisiting chefchaouenold citystayed longer
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel and staff. We went for a Hammam and Facial which were really average. The Hammam consisted of being alone in the steam room for 30 out of 45 minutes and a brief scrub afterwards. I had to rinse off and wash my own hair. Definitely had far better Hammams than this. Facial was really ordinary too and the woman's phone kept beeping with messages. This is designed for tourists and not worth it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The top floor with rooms not facing the inside courtyard are nicest and most private (the others have windows that can been seen by anyone on the stairs). Top floor rooms and rooftop have a beautiful view of the city and mountains. Awesome food. The cook is outstanding--everything is carefully prepared and made from scratch.

Room Tip: rooms on the top floor not facing the inside are most private
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank dewey91
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I had a suite overlooking the city - it was well appointed in blue and white, just like the medina. Very comfortable and very good service. I believe that this is one of the nicest places to stay inside the medina.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with a view, if possible. It is worth is and the adhane is amazing to hear from there.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Lina Ryad is in an excellent location in town, above the souks but within easy walking distance of everything (as are most locations in Chefchaouen...). The views from the roof-top terrace area are excellent, particularly at sunset. The room was comfortable (and had a mini-fridge), but we had to work hard to find outlets to charge our phones, etc. Also, be aware that most rooms are a floor or two or three uphill from reception, which is also a few stair steps uphill. In our case, there was a rather noisy tour group staying at the same time. Hosts very nice and helpful. Alcoholic beverages are not available at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with either a view over the city or a quiet room - some rooms may be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and wish we had booked an extra night!

Pros:
1. Beautiful Riad - everything was just so beautiful that it was a feast for the eyes. We stayed in a junior suite and loved the indoor “balcony” area just outside of the room to have tea and relax. The bathroom and room was very large and comfortable. We slept very well. We wish we had more time so we could have used the pool!

2. Location - convenient as it’s near restaurants, that instagram-famous blue, flower pot alley, and is a very short walk to the main square.

3. Service - I left my jacket and scarf in the closet and they very kindly shipped it to my riad in marrakech. I’m so grateful for their help to reunite me with my items!

Tips for travelers:
1) we wish we had more time here as we didn’t realize that there are beautiful hikes just outside of Chefchaouen. One day was enough to explore the town but another would have allowed us to see the waterfalls/bridge of god which would have been nice.

2) the restaurant with wood chairs just outside of the riad is a good, affordable quick fix if you arrive late and are in need of dinner :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple