See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

An interesting original and comfortable place to stay. The location in the medina is great and Juli and Adil who run it are kind and helpful. There is a beautiful view from the roof terrace over the medina to the sea. We had the best breakfast with scrambled eggs ( served hot) assorted breads, home made jams, pastries, fresh juice and much more. Thank you for a lovely stay, sorry it was not longer.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2016

The owner are extremely friendly and helpful. Provided map and help with diner place and thing to do while in Asilah .we need help getting to Chefchaouen since both trioadvisor and Rome to rio were not helpful. They arranged a car for about 1/2 the price and much less time than the onsite location.
Their riad is very very clean, and no smoking. It was fine just to hang out in if you want.
It is quiet. The breakfast is serered on the terrace with a great view.

Only concern lots of step to room ( ours on 4th floor) and Terrance on 5th.

Room Tip: In Asilah in summer and early fall get room with air com
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Adil was so friendly and helpful. We especially appreciated him arranging taxis. The rooftop terrace view was great, very fine for breakfast or sunset glass of wine. The medina of Assilah is very colorful, there's a great view of the walled city from the fishing port, and the ruins at Lixus are worth a visit.
The small bedrooms in this traditional Moroccan house open into a central are with an open skylight for light and ventilation. We left doors open and used their privacy curtains. Our second floor room had a comfy bed and rocking chairs for reading. It was clean and attractively furnished.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

The dar is very pretty and well kept with lots of interesting touches. It is in a great location too. The breakfast was very nice.

Sadly my visit was not a very good one. They are doing work on the roof terrace and so it is out of bounds at all times and noisy during the day. I wasn't told this until I'd arrived. It meant I didn't really have a space to relax outside of my room (his parents were often in the salon- it felt intrusive to be there with them as it was so small) and the dar was too noisy to be in during the day anyway, because of the works. To his credit, Adil did put a table out there for me one eve, but it wasn't really the same given I was surrounded by piles of tiles and tools! And I had to ask, rather than simply being able to go up.

I really wish they had told me about the terrace works as I would have booked somewhere else. They managed to let me know about there being cats so I don't understand why they didn't mention this!

My bed wasn't made on the second day either. Sounds a bit petty but I was the only person there so it should have been manageable, esp as I feel that a bit more care could have been taken with the work etc going on.

There was also a lot of confusion over my final bill; firstly I was asked for €10 more per night than in emails a few days before. It took some awkward convos and me showing the emails to resolve. After having paid I was then asked the next morning (at 5am) for more money as the exchange rate from the euro room price to the final dirham cost the night before had been calculated wrongly (I think- we didn't really have language in common). I said no as my taxi to the airport was actually there and to be honest I'd had enough. Having checked the conversion online I still paid around €60 p/n I think, which didn't really feel worth it, esp compared to other places I've stayed in Morocco.

Had the work not been going on & judging by other reviews, it could have been a lovely stay. As it was I felt a bit misled and it spoilt the work and care that has clearly gone in to the dar overall. It also put it bit of a bad end to what has been a great trip.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Cat M
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

A wonderful place hidden in the ancient medina of Assilah.

Run by a sweet couple Juri and Adil. Motto an and Japanese influences all through the 3 story building. Each room is different to the next and the roof terrace is a great place to relax after a long day.

Breakfast is delightful.