1,143 results
All reviewslaguna redangmarine parksnorkeling tripsfishopen seapool viewunderwater photographydeluxe packagelunch and dinnersummer holidaylive bandbuffet restaurantfull board packagebeautiful beachschool holidayshotel lobbygarden deluxe room
Reviewed 31 March 2009

Checked into Laguna Redang for 3 nights stay in late Mar 09. Did not expected much from this highly commercialized resort. Overall Laguna Redang is very well organize as compare with some of the resort that I had visited in Southeast Asia; staffs is well trained & helpful, place is clean and well maintain, sign board is everywhere to guild the guest and they even have a group brief for all newly arrived guest. Most guests were on package so all meals and snorkeling trips was pre-planned, hence basically I felt like in a summer camp. Redang Island itself is awesome for snorkeling, water is clear and clam, coral reef is just a stone throw away and marine life is rich. The beach is white and not overwhelming crowed. I will definably return again and will recommend the place to my friend.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2009

We went to Laguna on 27 March until 29 March 2009. We took 3 days 2 nite package. This package under promotion before the season fully open. We had a trouble during booking time which, the girl that did our booking mess up with the price. We thinking to cancel it, but later on continue with the booking. I think sales office in KL need some inprovement. The ferry transfer took about +- 2 hours. When we arrived we had a briefing by the staff and later we check in. Check in time smooth and luckly our room is ready at 12.00 pm. Our room very nice and clean, which facing pool. We put our thing and had lunch. The buffet very nice a lot of choices, but the food sometimes tasteless.
The snorkelling trips for me not very nice. A lot of people for each trips, 4 boats at the same time. Can you imagine how many people at the same location. Even the turtle got scared. hehehhe. The best advise for laguna resort is to split the boat into two location, so not many people will cramp in one area. The beach very nice, we also snorkelling around the resort and we saw baby shark. At nite they have life band, but too sad coz the band play old song. I will say, this is nice place to go, but try to avoid during peak season. Especially during school holiday. Overall i will say nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank anisa07
Reviewed 21 March 2009

Upon reaching the airport, a group of Laguna customers including me were told that we could not take the morning boat ride due to the turbulent sea. But the bus driver of Laguna was really very nice. He dropped us in China town to have our breakfast. Then he took us sightseeing to pass the time as the next boat schedule was around noon. I must give commendation to the hotel as this was not in the itinerary.
The experience at the shah bandar jetty to redang was not pleasant. Due to the closure of the merang jetty we had to use the shah bandar jetty to go to Laguna hotel. I was told that the boats are not able to go near the merang jetty due to the sand that swept up during the recent monsoon rain. There were pushing and shoving to get into the boat. A usual journey of 55 mins took us more than an hour and a half to reach the hotel. There was strong current on that day and the boat ride was horrible and torturous. Many women and children threw up including me. The staff anticipated this and were distributing plastic bags to passengers.
However, all was forgotten upon reaching the hotel. The sight of the crystal-clear water and the soft white sand was a sight to behold. We were given a welcome drink, a sour plum drink upon arrival. It really helped to take away the feeling of nausea. Then we were asked to leave our bags at the lobby and go for lunch. It was past 4pm but the hotel had kept the food for us. Checking in was fast and easy as everything was prepaid.
Our room was clean and very big - 1 king size bed and 2 single beds for the 3 of us! You get 4 bottles of drinking water every day.
I must say that the management is very systematic in handling everything, from the meals to the snorkeling trip and the boat ride even though there are so many people. If you want a quiet place with few people, this is not the place for you.
I was very happy to see that the staff at the pool side telling people to come out of the pool if they are wearing T-shirts. Most hotels in Malaysia 'close one eye' to this ruling and so I really give my 'thumb up' to Laguna.

I would advise anyone wishing to stay here to take their package as you don't have to worry about anything. Take their airport/bus transfer as it is worth it. They will take you to their rest house if you have to wait few hours for your flight. We paid RM5 each to take us to china town. Some other customers take the city tour.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank yellowie8
Reviewed 16 March 2009

went to laguna from 5th march to 8th march 09, just a few days after the resort opened for business after the monsoon season.

-food was alright. could have been better though..but the snorkelling trips and the underwater pics taking even though its only early march was amazing! (:

i have a silly pic of me posting really near, in front of a crown of thorns and i didnt realise it could have been dangerous to get so near it till the guy at the recreational centre told me so :X

i want to bring my friends over there again in june!

great for couples!

but if u want to enjoy jungle trekking,sunset cruise banana boat etc, recommanded to get at least 6 friends to go together!- i am planning for a trip in june09 again! (:

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2008

We just came back from 6 days & 5 nights at this resort. We traveled with our 2 boys ages 12 & 14. Everything was great!! We made our reservations by phone & internet and all connections were smooth...van waiting for us at airport, ferry at dock, room as expected, etc. We arranged ahead of time to take the Open Water Diver course. All 4 of us got certified. The dive center was excellent. Patient, experienced staff, good ratio to students. Being "extended stay" guests, we could eat at either the buffet or restaurant, which was a pleasant change, although the buffet was fine. Room was clean, shower had warm water, and the ocean view just beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank singinginsing