“Fantastic!”

Laguna Redang Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Good stuff:

1) So much food. Meals all provided for. And it's good! Think I'm guilty of being one of those who piles their plates with food. But I actually did finish everything down to the last bit. They offer a BBQ dinner once every 2 days I believe.
2) Rooms were well done. Room service makes the room into tip top condition every morning
3) Beautiful beach right at the door step. Do borrow a lifejacket at 35 RM. Waves can get a little choppy at time. Though I'm a decent swimmer, I found myself pretty exhausted as I was constantly steering myself towards the direction I wanted to head towards. This is probably the only resort that has duty personnel/lifeguards on standby to monitor any dangerous activity
4) Good and well-organized snorkeling trips. The crew really take the effort to take pictures of you underwater at a shipwreck which is found at the Marine Park.
5) Easily accessible to other portions of beaches, where there are other snorkeling sights.
6) Mosquito free! Didn't even get bitten once throughout the stay, which is considered a miracle of sorts, since I'm a magnet for the pesky bloodsuckers.
7) Great music at the night from 8pm onwards. Sit down and enjoy the music for free!

Not so good stuff:

1) The food is very suited for an Asian in my opinion. I really enjoyed the spread they had, but may not really be suitable for the American or European palate.
2) Quite a lot of Chinese people from PRC. Nonetheless, these guys who come are quite a refined bunch, so no worries about them. They are pretty family oriented too, they do bring their little ones around. This may be a bad point if you have a strong dislike for their kind. But it's definitely not an issue for me. =D

Definitely a great trip. Worth the $$$ that you spend.
Highly recommended for you to part with a little bit more to fly berjaya air. Saves time which you can then translate to do other things.
Do get some underwater footwear. My wife and I cut our feet quite a number of times due to underwater rocks, shells and corals. Ouch!
AND PLEASE PUT SUNBLOCK. The water is deceptively cooling. The UV rays are busy frying your skin while you admire the fishes.

Cheers!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank hanselin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 3 September 2012

My family and I are just arriving from a paradise beach at Laguna Redang Resort.
We stayed at Laguna Redag for 5 days, at Garden Deluxe room, near the main lobby and beach. It’s a spacious room, with 1 king bed and 2 single beds; with a balcony and a functional bathroom. But for me the importance thing in a room is its cleanness, and here there’s a fact! Room and bathroom everyday was remarkable kept!

Overall, the resort was well organized in all services. Yes, the Buffet time got crowed, but that’s the usual! The food was always full field and delicious all the time, my kids loved the Chinese noodles, and now they keep me asking for that!

I have to admit I was a little suspicious about the resort, after I read the TA reviews, which said “Chinese people all over the place”. Obviously, that’s a fact, due to their proximity to the Redang Island! It’s the same when we say the Spanish or Greek Islands are crowed with Europeans travellers! But, I also realize that there were many Italians around. So, at night was something interested to see about – the mix cultures and the different manners – there was a queue to the fruit – and the Asian People got directly to the watermelon and Italian People, mad about it, came to them and said “please, there’s a queue, you must come to end of it” and that person made an expression that don’t understand the problem. The Italians went to the table arguing alone and the others kept on serving. But the resort has anything to do with it! It’s the mix of cultures! That’s why we travel, to meet new ways of live!

About the paradise – what a gorgeous beach…it’s almost like Maldives. White sandy beach, 30 degrees temperature, turquoise sea, with some soft waves on the changing tide, girls just loved it! And the shore snorkelling was amazing, in a few braces, you can see lot’s of fish, coral, clown fish, tiger fish, rays, baby sharks, everything right off the beach. You can get your goggles for a symbolic fee for all week or you can also enjoy a free snorkelling tour. The snorkelling tours got much crowed, so we just preferred to do the great snorkel on the beach.

I only suggest an upgrade service for the resort – the beach is a little far from the pool area, where we are supposed to catch our towels and mattresses of sunbeds. With children, it gets a little difficult to someone to carry everything alone, so I think is reasonable for the resort to offer that service or make that carry way shorter, putting that service on the beach, instead of the pool. The resort should

We dived, every morning, for 5 days, with Laguna dive centre. Diving there was so cheap! We had fantastic dives around the island with a truly well humoured team. The dives spots were all near the resort and the farthest one were on the north coast, 30 min boat ride. Redang island has great extensions of hard coral, lot’s of nudibranchs, rays and turtles and a huge visibility. We also participated in a big task – saved a ray shark from a fisherman net and next day a diver’s team went there again to cut the net and their offer was a Whale Shark appearance! Wow, and no one was caring a camera!! Next day, everyone went diving and carried a camera (including the staff), but there was no more whaleshark L! Who knows next dive!

You can also make some shore walks on the beach and see a few more hotels on the way. And seeing the others resorts, you can realize that Laguna is simply the best resort around there. First, they have their own pier, on the other side of the bay, avoiding the beach pollution, where the boats from transfers, boat with products and goods to the resort, snorkelling tours and dive tours set-off. Regularly, we saw boats sending travellers and leaving new others in the middle of the beach, for the rest of the resorts. People enter and leave the boat on water, without conditions, with luggage and everything getting wet and the boat gets so much smoke around there. Laguna has its own pier.

In the middle of our stay, the resort informed us that we’ll be visited by a cruise passengers, that will passed all day at our resort. It was like an invasion! We were resting at our beach chair, and people come to sit on, careless that it has been taken or not. They didn’t bore to ask if they can seat, they just did it. We couldn’t leave the chair just for 5 min to go to the water, because we were afraid to loose it. It was a rush afternoon!

At night there was always something to do - we enjoyed a great live music performance by the beachfront, played snooker at the disco or even had karaoke for our own.

We all had a wonderful holiday around here and I really recommend this resort for families and diving. Now, we already miss everything.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank PateLisbon
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The beach is beautiful and the snorkeling trips organized by the resort was good. Perhaps we were there during high season. The place was overcrowded. The main restaurant serves buffet only and it feels like eating in a huge, noisy canteen. Some tourists pile their plates with a mountain of food - perhaps the resort should charge for wastage. The food is not excellent. At the only restaurant which serves from an ala carte menu, service is poor. However, decent food can be found at local restaurant along the beach.

The bar on the beach is excellent. While we laze on the beach - play, swim and snorkel - drinks and snacks can be easily ordered.

Room Tip: The bar can be noisy till late. If you're an early sleeper, choose a room facing the pool or on...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Excellent to describe!!
Very service orientated resort with everything well taken care of. Really impressed with their snorkeling service.
Only negative is that the room seems kinda dark and the tv has a channel that repeats summer vacation over and over again. Hahaha which becomes kinda amazing then frustrating.
Will definitely want to revisit redang again!! The best beach n snorkel so far for Malaysia. Loving it till e max!! :)

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Melody166
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My family and I including my baby and parents had a great stay at Laguna Redang.
The location, facilities and comfort of the hotel was excellent and we all had a wonderful and restful time. There was something for everyone.
We particularly enjoyed the snorkelling trips and were amazed that you could also see sea life simply by swimming a short distance from the hotel. It is also worth taking a walk down the beach to the other bay as there are a few other restaurants/bars and souvenir shops which are lovely.
All the staff were also extremely helpful. A special thank you to Shwe Lin (from the Sang Suria Restaurant) and Ahmet (from the recreation centre) for their assistance during our stay.
We shall return, highly recommended!

Room Tip: I did not think that the sea view was worth the extra money though as it was set quite far back from...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
38.2 km away
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Laguna Redang Island Resort? Share your experiences!