1) So much food. Meals all provided for. And it's good! Think I'm guilty of being one of those who piles their plates with food. But I actually did finish everything down to the last bit. They offer a BBQ dinner once every 2 days I believe.
2) Rooms were well done. Room service makes the room into tip top condition every morning
3) Beautiful beach right at the door step. Do borrow a lifejacket at 35 RM. Waves can get a little choppy at time. Though I'm a decent swimmer, I found myself pretty exhausted as I was constantly steering myself towards the direction I wanted to head towards. This is probably the only resort that has duty personnel/lifeguards on standby to monitor any dangerous activity
4) Good and well-organized snorkeling trips. The crew really take the effort to take pictures of you underwater at a shipwreck which is found at the Marine Park.
5) Easily accessible to other portions of beaches, where there are other snorkeling sights.
6) Mosquito free! Didn't even get bitten once throughout the stay, which is considered a miracle of sorts, since I'm a magnet for the pesky bloodsuckers.
7) Great music at the night from 8pm onwards. Sit down and enjoy the music for free!
Not so good stuff:
1) The food is very suited for an Asian in my opinion. I really enjoyed the spread they had, but may not really be suitable for the American or European palate.
2) Quite a lot of Chinese people from PRC. Nonetheless, these guys who come are quite a refined bunch, so no worries about them. They are pretty family oriented too, they do bring their little ones around. This may be a bad point if you have a strong dislike for their kind. But it's definitely not an issue for me. =D
Definitely a great trip. Worth the $$$ that you spend.
Highly recommended for you to part with a little bit more to fly berjaya air. Saves time which you can then translate to do other things.
Do get some underwater footwear. My wife and I cut our feet quite a number of times due to underwater rocks, shells and corals. Ouch!
AND PLEASE PUT SUNBLOCK. The water is deceptively cooling. The UV rays are busy frying your skin while you admire the fishes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Laguna Redang Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Redang Island Hotel Pulau Redang
- Hotel Laguna Redang Island