“Excellent stay”

Laguna Redang Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Excellent to describe!!
Very service orientated resort with everything well taken care of. Really impressed with their snorkeling service.
Only negative is that the room seems kinda dark and the tv has a channel that repeats summer vacation over and over again. Hahaha which becomes kinda amazing then frustrating.
Will definitely want to revisit redang again!! The best beach n snorkel so far for Malaysia. Loving it till e max!! :)

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Melody166
Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My family and I including my baby and parents had a great stay at Laguna Redang.
The location, facilities and comfort of the hotel was excellent and we all had a wonderful and restful time. There was something for everyone.
We particularly enjoyed the snorkelling trips and were amazed that you could also see sea life simply by swimming a short distance from the hotel. It is also worth taking a walk down the beach to the other bay as there are a few other restaurants/bars and souvenir shops which are lovely.
All the staff were also extremely helpful. A special thank you to Shwe Lin (from the Sang Suria Restaurant) and Ahmet (from the recreation centre) for their assistance during our stay.
We shall return, highly recommended!

Room Tip: I did not think that the sea view was worth the extra money though as it was set quite far back from...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bens_10
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed 9 nights here after 3 nights in Singapore. We are a family with daughter and son aged 15 and 12. We love this part of the world and being able to snorkel from the beach is our main priority, but we are not backpackers and need somewhere we can fly to which is reasonably civilised and doesn't cost the earth. We had a fantastic time here and didn't want to leave! Redang is beautiful, the beach in front of the resort is white sand with turquoise sea and you can snorkel to both headlands and see fantastic fish - we saw coral, brilliantly coloured tropical fish, reef sharks (only little ones!) and clown fish right off the beach. We stayed in a pool view quad room with 4 proper beds, very comfortable and plenty of space even with 4 of us in the room. I would say the hotel is extremely well organised and managed. We enjoyed the buffet meals, especially the local dishes but there was always something our less adventurous daughter could find to eat. Yes it's busy with most people from mainland China and yes their manners may be different to ours but it's just different cultures. When the Star Cruise liner comes in it does disgorge an awful lot of people but they are mostly congregated around the beach bar and the hotel offers a free boat trip to another beach if you want to avoid them. You could go on 2 free boat trips a day if you wanted to - the boat men are very funny and entertaining and again there's lots of people but it's very well organised and you can always swim off a way if you want to see fish rather than people! We loved the wildlife - massive monitor lizards, squirrels and even a snake on the steps up to our room, but the monkeys which can be very aggressive are kept away from the resort. If you want secluded paradise and can carry your kit for 2 weeks on your back then fine, go somewhere else, but if like us you need a bit of infrastructure and mod cons with value for money then I can definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Pool view quad rooms very good. 4 full size beds, plenty of room and quieter as they are away from t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Carolyn A
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We had a group of 30+ people and booked 17 rooms (Garden + Sea views).

To the resort: From Kota Bharu town to Merang jetty, it took us about 2 hours. Merang jetty very run down and unclean toilets which costs you 30 cents per entry!
I should say the best way to travel to Redang Island is still by Berjaya Air where it flies you direct from Subang (KL) and Singapore! Safe you time and hassle.

Check-in: It's slightly different from normal hotel check-in procedure, you got to queue to get your meal vouchers before proceed to the reception to collect the room key. But we can go for our lunch while waiting the room to be ready.

Meals: Good spread! Their chefs aren't good in preparing beef and mutton though. Service staff is excellent!

Rooms: Sea view not worth the money because I didn't really get to see the enough sea from the balcony. Mostly blocked by coconut trees. Safe your money and go for Garden view, room size equally big and comfortable. Each room can accommodate 4 pax (1 King size and 2 single beds). Have basic toiletries but not toothbrush!

Facilities: Nice swimming pool, Massage centre, diving trips, lots of activities for everyone. Snorkeling trips included in the package. Beach bar has loud music and people singing until 11pm+, Good for those who like to stay up late. Housekeeping is efficient (done in 10 mins) even though they only make up the room after 4pm.

Overall, staff service is good, rooms are clean, enjoy the marine fishes and the nature before you leave this place.

Room Tip: Get a Garden view room if you need a good sleep before 11pm (loud music from the beach bar)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jchooong
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I had been to Laguna Redang resort for more than 5 time since they first open. I have also tried other resorts along that beach and decided that Laguna Redang is the only choice for me if I go to Redang again.

The best part is the buffet, it cannot be compared to the other resorts' buffet. Eating at Sang Suria restaurant has always been very satisfying for me and I've always look forward to eating there. The rooms are also big and clean with a nice balcony. Bathroom cleanliness is very important for me and I like it that their shower area and toilet area is separated. The staffs are very cheerful and helpful if there are any problems.

I can't comment on the snorkeling trips as I only go there for relaxation and scuba diving. The dive centre is awesome and clean. Right next to their jetty. Good service and very friendly divemasters and instructors. Their boats are very clean and seems to be well maintained. If we wanna do shore dives, they can help bring the tanks and equipment (and even us) to the beach. The only problem is that the dive center is quite a walk away from the hotel rooms, lobby and dining area. There is no shade and it can be quite hot walking under the sun in the afternoon.

The bar can be quite noisy at night. The cocktails are not that good though, so stick to soft drinks or other liquor if you are very particular with your drinks.

Overall, I am still very satisfied with the resort after so many years it is my only choice for resort if I visit Redang. However, I have to admit that it used to be much better in the past as nowadays it's filled with tourists from China. Some of them are quite rude especially during buffet time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
38.2 km away
BuBu Long Beach Resort
BuBu Long Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Pulau Perhentian Kecil

Been to Laguna Redang Island Resort? Share your experiences!