1,154 results
All reviews laguna redang marine park snorkeling trips fish open sea pool view underwater photography deluxe package lunch and dinner summer holiday live band full board package buffet restaurant beautiful beach school holidays chinese tourists hotel lobby
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Greetings from Singapore. Definitely worth every cent to go stay at the Laguna Redang (though extension per nite of S$100 is not worth it, so only stayed 2 nites). Visited Redang 4 years ago and stayed at the Reef or Coral resort (next corner where all the rocks are) and told ourselves we must stay at the Laguna some day ..Me and my two best friends were there from 29th Apr 2012 - 2nd May 2012 and were totally relaxed, people are super friendly esp. at the diving center. A very very big thank you to HASHIM who took the time to take me out for snorkelling for two days and taking great care of me, knowing that i am not a strong swimmer. Food was good but salty (guess it's catered more for China visitors). Waiters/waitress seems to be busy standing around, not knowing where or how to clear the plates. Unfortunately air con isn't cold at all even when we hit maximum coldness/plus fan. Live band was great and die die must try, their ICE KACHANG. Nevertheless, Thanks for the great memories and i sure hope to be back again in due time to come. Sunny blue skies, gorgeous blue sea, soft sand, colorful fishes, fasinatingcorals, baby sharks, no husling and bustling.....make a point to go, you won't regret....

June/Jackie/Wen Liang - Room 746

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank June H
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This resort is suitable for big group and family with elderly and kids. But if you are not going for the snorkeling trip, try to look for the non-package option, it might save you some amount of money. As per indicate by other reviewer, this resorts is pack with huge group of China tourist, avoid this place if you wants to enjoy quiet vacation time, because everywhere is crowd with people

Pro: Food is great, many friendly staffs, great facilities
Cons: No wifi, crowded, commercialize, snorkeling gear is not included in the package and need to pay additional $ to rent it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HaruEita
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have a great and relaxing time at Laguna. Excellent variety of food and taste enjoyed by 4 to 70 year old. The facilities are practical and real service industry service - friendly and helpful from the luggage to the young men giving instructions and patiently pursuading our 4 year old to dip his head into the water to catch a photo in which he tried several times and replied, "I tried but I can't".

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sightseer298570
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I was here first week of april togetherwith my husband. This is my 3rd time in Redang, the first in Laguna. My opinion:

1/ hotel - standard room - which basically meant for divers. About 5 minutes walk to the beach areas. No complaint as we were out to the beach most of the time.

2/ food - variety of choice. People seem so selfish, taking too much, and not finishing them. The management should look into this to avoid wastage of food.

3/ service - staffs were friendly.

4/ beach - clear blue water. You can see beatiful colourful fishes without having to go far into the sea.

SETBACK:

1/ overcrowded, for those who wish to have à quiet holiday, this may not be the hotel.

2/ thief - I saw with my own eyes, à boy of about 14 - 16 yrs, tried to steal from someone's bag. Hè was behaving very suspicious, which made me curious. I was hiding behind my sunglass, and thats how i saw him trying to steal from someone's bag, which was left unattended by the seaside.i told to one of the lady staff, not sure if something has been done. I saw the boy again à day after, when new groups arrived. I even snapped his picture.
My suggestion, never leave your things unattended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple