US$412
US$234
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$280/night.

Delima Redang Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Beachfront
Redang Island Resort(Pulau Redang)
US$99
US$76
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
Redang Pelangi Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Restaurant
Redang Beach Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Pool
Redang Bay Resort(Pulau Redang)
1,091 results
All reviewslaguna redangmarine parksnorkeling tripsfishopen seapool viewunderwater photographydeluxe packagelunch and dinnersummer holidaylive bandfull board packagebuffet restaurantbeautiful beachschool holidayschinese touristshotel lobby
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed there for a week and the resort is nice and the beach is really beautiful. However, I just want to share things that I have expereinced in this resort.

- majority of the guests are Chinese and the hotel was nearly full although it was a low season.
- lining up for food all the time as most packages will include all the meals in this buffet restaurant.
- someone trying to cut the queue all the time
- many people put loads of food and fruit in their big plate and didn't finish half of it. What a waste!
-someone spit in the pool with really harsh sound. We didn't swim in the pool after that.
-people smoke everywhere in the pool

If you are ready for these, you will be ok as the beach is really nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank JPSingapore
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I can't really say it was average, and I can't say it was very good. But I can put down the facts and let you decide for yourself as you may not have issue with some of the circumstances.

a) If you have a young family, and need to secure a "cot" for an baby, then you may struggle. When we booked, I was told "ring us back 2 days before to confirm". This wasn't really ideal, as I needed to know prior to arriving if my child would have a place to sleep. After much back and forward discussion, I eventually got the cot confirmed in writing, despite the hotel telling me my child could with my wife and I if there was no cot available.

b) No wifi is available at the resort, even though it says it is. It was there, but not working.

c) We booked the "Premier Sea View room". This is one of the higher priced rooms. Oddly enough they gave us an upstairs room, even though they knew we had a 3 month year old baby with us. Made for fun getting up and down with a stroller!

d) The band playing at the beach side bar was loud. Loud enough to keep me awake at night. Perhaps they should advertise the "Premier Sea View room" with free music until late.............

e) Snorkeling trip was very over rated. We had 4 boats which makes for about 100 people. It was messy getting in and out. Very few fish, as they don't want to be bothered with so many people splashing around. Interestingly, they make you hire a life vest for the boat. This is unusual, as you cant operate a boat unless you supply your passengers with a life vest. Makes a good scam if you ask me. At 15RM a shot, they make their money back on the "Free snorkeling" trips.

d) They lost our bag when transferring to the airport. They got it back within 1 hour to their credit.

e) Pool bar is not open until 3:30pm which is odd and they don't serve alcohol which is even more odd.

f) You can get alcohol and cocktails from the beach side bar, but only after 5pm. Not sure why this is as the beach is swarming with people who would love a cocktail.

g) The pool side bar makes great milk shakes. Cheap too. (only 8RM each)

h) The waiting staff in the restaurant are excellent. We commented to the manager also. They work hard and care. If you get stuck, ask for "Mr Magic". He makes things happen. Even when someone tells you they can't do something, he makes it happen.

Over all, it was a nice place to visit, and our room was very clean.
We had a nice time, but wouldn't rate this as the best place to stay in Redang. It has a very nice beach. Some of the best waters in Asia for sure.

Room Tip: Premier Sea View room is nice, but ask to be located away from the main building! Pool view is also nice as we had friends who stayed there. Make sure you specify if you want an upstairs room or not. There are no lifts from what I could see.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Gracie2307
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We took the 3D/2N package which took care of everything. Room, food and 3 snorkelling trips. That is all we needed.

Once you arrive at the jetty, you will be greeted at the arrival hall for a briefing. I was a bit puzzled why we needed briefing but later found out it was a good idea as the resort is huge and there are many tourists arriving each day so it is a good way to keep everyone informed.

Check in was easy and didnt take too long. The room might not be ready if you are arriving earlier than 2pm but you can enjoy the buffet lunch first while waiting. And the buffet lunch and dinner was great. Lots of selection although mainly asian with salad, pasta, grill lamb and beef. There were lots of guests but they keep repleneshing the food so thats awesome.

We stayed in deluxe room and it was good. Snorkelling trips are well arranged so you just have to turn up at the specified time. There might be a lot of people on the trips but hey, the ocean is wide enough to take in all of them so no worries for me :) For those who enjoy peace and quite, should head to Perhentian. Redang is really for those who wants a convenient, quick and beautiful beach holiday.

The beach front of the resort is also beautiful and i totally enjoyed swimming in it. Strangely enough, it doesnt feel crowded even though there are many guests in the resort and i only see them during lunch/dinner buffet time. The pool is great too!

Room Tip: Go for Deluxe room. Standard room i heard is ....well, standard.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank noosief
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I just finished reading the latest posts on Laguna Redang and feel badly that the last two reviews have not been good because it was one of the most amazing trips that I have ever had! I have travelled to beaches all over the world but never one as beautiful as this one! I stayed for two nights but could have stayed for two weeks! Pristine beach, crystal clear water, crazy and amazing snorkelling, excellent service always with a smile, great food and memories to be cherished for a lifetime! I plan to go back many times! Amazing!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank USALIVINGINMALAYSIA
Reviewed 1 April 2012

And really awful if you are not!!!

Stayed here for 4 days in mid March and felt like I was in China rather than Malaysia. There were about 500 guests at the hotel at the time and 99% were Chinese. During the stay we've seen may be 3-5 other non-chinese couples, that's all. I don't know if there is a special arrangement between Laguna and chinese travel agents, but it seems like everyday they were bringing more and more Chinese guests by busloads (or should I say boat loads).

What’s the problem with that I hear you ask?

Well, due to such a high percentage of guests from one country – hotel is clearly and without shame is tailored for them. That makes Laguna feel like a summer boy-scout camp, where everything is done in particular order and under careful supervision of staff, who act like teachers for unruly school children.

You are in for a shock the moment you arrive. This is the first time when we were greeted and taken to a large auditorium where hotel staff were giving presentation about hotel with clear instructions on how to open your door, how to use the lights and a/c in your room, how to use the bathroom, etc. etc. Thanks for that!

All meals are provided in one place during prescribed hours. You are given a specific table number where you must sit. And boy, it gets busy with everyone rushing to grab some food like they have not eaten for weeks! We were standing in a queue waiting for our turn only to see guests cutting the line (some were very creative coming from behind the counter) in order to grab food, quite often cutting even kids and taking tongs from them! Awful!

Quite often guests take much more food than they need (I would presume) leaving others in a queue waiting even longer for the next “delivery” of food. For example, hotel staff brings 30 chicken satay skewers and first 3 people grab 10 of each, leaving other 5 people in a queue an empty dish. This happened very often and it is very annoying! I guess, we are not used to it, whereas in China it is cut-throat – you gotta grab it first while you can. But hold on, we are not in China.

Snorkelling was even worse. Do not believe other good reviews – you are in for a shock! The thing is – it is not just Laguna which caters for Chinese guests, but pretty much all other resorts on Redang. When they go snorkelling, they go all together. Exactly! So 300 Laguna guests are joined by other 600 guest from other resorts on the island and taken by 10 or more boats to the same place. The result – there are more people than fish as everyone swims in just one place.

Yes, there is plenty of fish (although even more people whom you have to dodge while snorkelling as they jump from above without any hesitation), but the coral is dead from such massive abuse! Just before coming to Redang we spent a few days on another island not far away and it was way, way, way better. We got a private 4 hours snorkelling trip around the island and near-by bays for just the two of us (for RM70), no people, just you, fish, sharks and turtles. Comparing this to the experience in Laguna, I’ve decided after one day that I am better off staying by the pool and avoiding the crowds.

Overall, very bad experience. NOT RECOMMENDED unless you are well prepared to face the crowds and highly controlled resort which often felt like a children camp.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple