All reviews onward travel no hot water book in advance beach front chalet island barbecue jetty pros mainland pir
Reviewed 2 November 2015

This is my home far away from home. I somehow loose the count how many times I went for Perhentians but I like to return as this is the place where I feel relaxed, with peace and I enjoy the simple life away from hustle and bustle of the busy world. I believe I already put 3 or 4 reviews for this place so my mark stays the same also for the year 2015. I will add some additional pics to complement the 2015. Place is simple, friendly, funny (coz of some staff working there) and with enough commodity for either backpacker (garden view bungalows), flashpacker (Deluxe Air-Con rooms) or even more if you want to take a whole family room the biggest with the most of accessories. I always take the garden view room as I do not need more. I come to Perhentian to meet the Mama's family and I feel very welcomed every year. This year we were also invited for the Hari Raya celebration and we had a real Malaysian breakfast with the family. We liked it. Anyway I enjoy the food there and I have to say that is very delicious. Besides that I also like to take diving with Turtle Bay divers which are located just at the end of the Mama's bungalows. There is no complete year without Mama's. See you next time!

Room Tip: Need a peace and relax this is it. Take the garden view and enjoy the serenity of Perhentians
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank davesontrips
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

The bungalows are very simple and hardly furnished. Though in comparison to other places, it's clean, very affordable and the restaurant is amazing! I would say you will have the better kind of deal here. We had a great stay and it's straight at the beach (swimming is better at the beach like 100m walk)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

We spent at mama's 2 nights. It was very uncomplicated and easy. the manager, also very relaxed and helpful. We had a fan ventilated room, and we were w little bit afraid that it will not be enough for the heat, but it was perfectly fine:-)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank ufka-parufka
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Although we didn't stay at Mama's Place, We had a few meals at the restaurant. The hot meals were delicious. The menu is extensive too. Price was reasonable, RM7-8 for noodles. However, hot drinks were undrinkable! The waiters are not the friendliest nor able to speak English well, which made ordering not the easiest of tasks. I hope the management do take some efforts in improving their weaknesses coz this place has potential.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I just returned from a trip here, it was a great place to stay.

Good stuff:
Very clean, very cosy place.
Nice staff, tasty food at reasonable price. Restaurant is a well sheltered building, important for rainy days!
Good location, near to Tuna Bay and Coral View.
Malaysia telco has good coverage here. Data coverage is available but at slow speed.

Things to take note:
There is no jetty, boat drops you on the beach. So pack light to ease your luggage burden when you arrive.
Rooms have no electricity during day time till 3pm. Will be stuffy to stay inside rooms before 3pm.
No TV, fridge, kettle. But you won't need them anyway.
Always travel to here from Kota Bharu airport, not Kuala Terengganu! Kota Bharu is much closer and saves your traveling time

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends