All reviews borneo wing chinese restaurant a short taxi ride swimming pool the english tea house nice hotel walk into town agnes keith house bit dated lovely pool surrounded by trees rooms are large buffet lunch very pleasant stay one night stay kinabatangan river tennis
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Such a shame about the bed, the room is excellent, huge king bed, views to pool and beyond, great breakfast selection, lovely pool, various restaurants which we didn’t use, close to town, walk if you’re keen but only 10 rm by taxi.
I ordered two extra pillows and spread them down the bed to sleep on, otherwise I’d be in a world of pain from the bed as hard as the floor ☹️

Room Tip: Don’t bother bed too hard
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

On 16 September had decided to check in to this hotel just to spend time at the pool with my family.
Manage to book a Superior room at RM180 with buffet breakfast for 2.
However, despite request to have better or higher floor seems no one concerned about giving us that opportunity. May be because I am family of local. End up my view block by roof. If I knew, I will just book your cheapest room at Borneo Wing.
Check In:
I scored 3. Not personalised, maybe because there only one person on duty and they are more robotic rather put in personal touch.
Bellman was good and friendly. Thank you Zali.
Room Condition:
Carpet look new, wall paper nice. However, pillow look so old and cheap. It’s like pillow been used for several years. Same with the towels.
Cabinets look old but well maintain.
The bed I had at 304, old and hard.
Pool:
Big pool a resort look alike. Water not so clear compare to other hotels I stay in KK ( Marriott KK and Le Meridien).
During my stay a bit crowded with kids because it’s a public holiday. For family it was fun.
Breakfast:
Decent breakfast. Pastries, local cuisine, cereals, egg counter.
Wifi: not good! Can’t even open email attachment
Bathroom:
The good part it’s huge with bath tub and standing shower.

Tips: it’s a resort look alike hotel. Less 5 minutes drive to town centre. Walking distance if weathers ok because you need to walk on side road (15-20 minutes)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Wasn't expecting much when I book the hotel, but I loved the grand old dame feel of the hotel, love the pool, the trees around it, the check-in was smooth and efficient, room is a little old but kept very clean and it is big.

Breakfast was the only disappointment, no egg station, limited choices, restaurant service team not trained well. We actually had lunch there too, totally not a good idea.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Rock hard bed - most uncomfortable bed during our time in Borneo.

Very ordinary food both during breakfast and evening meal. Very bland 'western' style food with little flavour.

Staff were a little aloof. It was hard to get the drinks order correct.

Towels very thin.

We stayed in this hotel for three nights as part of our Borneo tour through Tripadeal. Although the Hotel is looking a little tired (could do with a revamp) the pool area is lovely and so is the initial walk through breeze-way. Our room was large, but the sleep comfort was nil. Internet was extreamly slow and almost impossible to use. The lift was generally slow and broke down at one stage with people stuck inside it for at least 10mins (if not more).

I intend to return to Sandaken as there is much to see here, but I doubt very much we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I stay in this hotel for two nights. I like the hotel because it give me feeling like staying in a jungle resort. Although it is only about 2 KM away from Sandakan City but the tGe hotel is surround by trees and plants that have grow for more than twenty years. The hotel is a bit old but is classic. It have a swimming pool and a karaoke club house for relax. From airport by taxi only 15 minutes. The hotel room is a 4 star standard and is complete with all basic need.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business