See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice with big clean rooms and supernice staff!
But it is very very far away so you need to get a taxi every time you going to the city. The hotel dont have any place to sit outside wich is very annoying on a hot sunny day..
The wi-fi do not work at all!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night before travelling to Sepilok. The room was ok -it was clean and had a hot shower, which was good. However the hotel is located outside of town. They did offer a free shuttle into town during the daytime, which we used and it didn’t take long. Sandakan town doesn’t really have much to do though and actual restaurants were very hard to find (I would recommend the Balin Roof Garden Bar and Bistro if you are in town as it served good food and offered great sunset views). Sandakan isn’t a town that is geared towards tourists (I would advise to skip staying in this area if you can unless you are staying in a hotel that has a pool etc).

Early in the morning we received a wake up call twice despite not asking for one. The lady on the end of the phone didn’t seem to understand us and called again, which was rather frustrating. Apart from that though, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was basic to say the least. A very poor selection. It didn’t bother us much though as we didn’t pay much for the room, but it would have been nice to have at least had some butter with the toast.

Not quite sure how there is a review talking about ‘breathtaking’ views- you could see the sea in the very distance but the hotel is located in an isolated area with nothing much around it apart from buildings. Not an area I’d want to particularly be walking around in at night.

The hotel is cheap though so if you are arriving quite late looking for a place to crash for the night it is ok. If you are looking for anything more, I would recommend looking elsewhere. We chose a different hotel before flying back out of Sandakan that was not much more money but had a great pool and an amazing buffet breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

A great place to spend leisure holidays. The hotel offers a breathtaking view of the Sandakan Bay. Rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds. The restaurant of this hotel namely "Raja's Cafe" is just fabulous. Room service are at its best. staff are exceptionally well mannered.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017

My wife and I stayed there for two nights while we visited Sandakan. It is an old hotel, but refurbished. The bathroom were clean and well maintained. The bed was firm. The air-con in the room had no issues. For the price we paid, I was surprised it came with a free complimentary breakfast. The only disadvantage of this place is the location. For those without their own transport, the hotel provides shuttle service to the town. But I am not sure the arrangement of how the return trip from the town to the hotel would be.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven_Teo
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Good ambience, clean n fresh bed sheets, friendly management n operation staff. Will stay in this hotel on my next visit and I would recommend to those who need a rest and enjoy their holidays without rushing and taking their own pace to visit the tourist destination to stay here.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family