I'd love to put a 5 star review on this review, purely based on how good a time we had. It's a paradise location with wonderful staff that are warm and helpful. We stayed at the same time as a previous reviewer and have to echo the few minor issues they highlighted. Sarah arrived during our stay and seemed well on the way to sorting them while we were still there.
The bar did run out of wine and beer at one stage which really should have been anticipated and dealt with, and yes there aren't really enough loungers and the few padded covers are old and split so when it rained they became soaked through internally. Food at dinner wasn't always hot but I have to say overall it was pretty good - the chicken ham mentioned was alongside other great food so you didn't have to eat it. In addition the kitchen prepared some wonderful fresh squid during our stay as well as snapper we caught from the jetty using hand lines and bait they provided free of charge.
The accommodation is pretty basic but it's not marketed as 5-star luxury, we finished our holiday at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore to get our fix there! It is clean and the aircon and ceiling fans keep it comfortable in the heat. The only issue with it is monkeys breaking in to raid the fridge, which is a minor inconvenience but makes a great story for the kids to tell their friends.
Snorkelling is excellent right off the jetty with turtles, fish and sharks among the coral. Sand flies and mosquitos weren't a problem, but we did spray ourselves every evening to keep them at bay.
Nothing to do with Bagus, but the only downside with the stay is the ferry to and from the mainland.
Overall I'd highly recommend it as a holiday for relaxation, exploration and getting the kids off the ipads and phones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bagus Place Retreat is nestled quietly on one of the most beautiful islands in the world called Tioman. A peaceful sanctuary of breathtaking natural beauty, we invite you to rejuvenate body and mind and be enchanted by the sights and sounds of nature. Our guests will find luscious and unspoiled paradise. Clear waters and lush jungles provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as jungle trekking, snorkeling, kayaking and diving. If you're lucky enough, Mr. Bagus our sea turtle mascot will come by and say HELLO at our long wooden jetty. It also provides exciting sunset walks and a fascinating look at coral fish. Snorkellers will be rewarded with views of the living tropics reefs of Tioman Island. Bagus Place aims to work in harmony with the environment and the local community, offering a unique holiday experience to our guests. The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island. Another Day in Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Bagus Place Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagus Place Retreat Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Bagus Place Retreat Pulau Tioman