After a bumpy start (the Bagus Boat broke down and we were stuck in the boat for 2 hours and then transferred in a tiny boat to Bagus), we arrived at this lovely retreat, which I will always remember. We stayed at the Boat house, which is really unique, but also has come into age (one window fell off, when we opened it and it stayed like this for one night...) and is a little bit dark inside. Also the stairs to the "deck" are quite steep and I would not recommend that for small kids or elderly. Sadly the beach is full of rocks, which made snorkelling quite nice, but I am a swimmer, therefore I was a bit disappointed. Anish, Krishna and Alfred were lovely hosts and interesting people! We wanted to make a snorkelling trip to ringis island, but it was the annual clan-up day of the divers which keeps sharks/turtles/fish away, so i was a bit sad, but took a great book and read all day, which was great too. The food is good, at our last evening we had the luck to have a bonfire/bbq at the beach and it was so lovely! But I must say for the price we paid I would have expected a little bit more (towels to be exchanged every day, soap, adapters etc.) but I guess you pay the price for not having all this :). Anyhow it was a nice stay and maybe we will come back one day! Keep up the great work, without you three Bagus would not be Bagus! Jimmy & Bianca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bagus Place Retreat is nestled quietly on one of the most beautiful islands in the world called Tioman. A peaceful sanctuary of breathtaking natural beauty, we invite you to rejuvenate body and mind and be enchanted by the sights and sounds of nature. Our guests will find luscious and unspoiled paradise. Clear waters and lush jungles provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as jungle trekking, snorkeling, kayaking and diving. If you're lucky enough, Mr. Bagus our sea turtle mascot will come by and say HELLO at our long wooden jetty. It also provides exciting sunset walks and a fascinating look at coral fish. Snorkellers will be rewarded with views of the living tropics reefs of Tioman Island. Bagus Place aims to work in harmony with the environment and the local community, offering a unique holiday experience to our guests. The only ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT in Tioman Island. Another Day in Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bagus Place Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagus Place Retreat Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Bagus Place Retreat Pulau Tioman