All reviews hut signal boat beach sea nature accommodation
Reviewed 1 November 2014

First off, the ferry does not stop there, so you have to get off in Genting, and then take a water taxi (which I paid double for - 40RM, since I was one person and there was a minimum charge for two). The people at the boat did not introduce themselves, or say that they were from the hotel. The small cabin was right on the beach, with precious little shade, so it was very hot. Cold shower, fan, window shutters that had to be tied open or they flapped shut. No mosquito net. I went to Nipah for the snorkeling, and there was some good snorkeling there, BUT it was a long walk, and then a long swim, or a costly boat ride. There wasn't really anyplace comfortable to sit - there was ONE hammock in the whole place and it was filthy, ripped and full of ants. If you are willing to stay not quite on the beach, but a very short walk away, do yourself a favor and go to NipahNema instead. It is very close by, and a lovely place. This place is mainly interested in collecting your money.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank SusanSSS
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Positives - chalets right on the beach, friendly and welcoming hosts, fantastic snorkelling within walking distance, jungle walks in the other direction, only 10 mins from first ferry stop (see review on Bluewater Ferries)
Negatives - outrageous prices for food and water taxi, pillows like lead mountains.

Unfortunately the prices really leave you with feeling ripped off and there's nothing you can do about it. Hint - take water because its 3MYR a small bottle - 3 x the price on the mainland.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 children (3 teenagers & 7-yr old twins spent 4 nights & 5 days(19-23 June 14)in Nipah.
This is my 9th visit to Tioman Island but my first to Bersatu Nipah. Each beach be it in Salang, Tekek or Genting has its own uniqueness but Nipah is the place if you want peace, serenity, time for reflection or just doing nothing.
But we did canoeing, snorkelling and sand castling. My hubby was ecstasic when he caught many fish in the open sea. WE were jubilant to eat the fresh catch in sweet & sour sauce cooked by Amy, the chef at minimal cost. She also acceded to our request for 'cucur ikan bilis' or anchovies fritter for an afternoon tea.
yes, one of my teenager gals hated the place at first but realised it was the best place for her to reflect.
My hubby & I intend to visit this place again. Just the two of us!:))

The only downside is the ferry service back to Mersing. The co needs to revamp their service.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank CgFagee
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We had done 2 separate day trips to nipah in previous years and always vowed to return and actually stay We should have stayed longer .... It is simple, it is basic , but it is a gorgeous setting that does belong in a Spielberg movie nestled in amongst the palm trees directly under the dragons horns
Take plenty of books, hire kayaks , snorkel.
Amy's cooking is simple but delicious especially the chilli chicken
My only con? No wine :(
We hope to return again for a few nights next time.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SueJ987
Reviewed 22 December 2013

If you want to spend a couple days off everything, this is the place. The beach and the sea are beautiful, staff is helpful.

However, beware that if you're traveling during the monsoon season (and you should: perfect weather, lower prices and less tourists), Pulau Tioman and Nipah are really difficult to reach! The hotels hardly answer their e-mails and phones, and our biggest problem is that there is only one ferry/day from Mersing to Tioman. We had planned to spend 3 days at Bersatu Nipah Chalets and had warned them about our arrival time. We arrived at the ferry terminal in Mersing at 2PM (as planned) but they told us that the only ferry of the day had left at 1PM! Of course, this is not directly linked to Bersatu, but I expect from someone owning a resort on Tioman to know the ferry times and to warn their clients about it (especially when we had told them that we would be in Mersing at 2PM, they should have known that we would miss the ferry!). We missed our first night at Bersatu, and when we asked for a refund, they told us to contact agoda.com (which, of course, don't answer our e-mails). Needless to say we won't get our money back...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends