1,671 results
All reviewspetting zoopet farmgarden chaletwater chaletavi spavillage courtday bedkids cabinfamily poolthe crow's nestriau beachnature walkanimal feedingfour poster bedadult poolsand fliesthe open air shower
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A quiet and pleasant hotel in Port Dickson. The villa room is kampong designed providing complete comfort and spacious with balcony overlooking the sea. They are clean and comfortable. A large ensuite with bath and shower, (but watch your steps). Security in the hotel is good with Keycards access to rooms, and security personnels are all very obliging friendly and helpful. The hotel has good size pools for children as well as adults and a separate pool for swimmers. It has coupleof good restaurants for dining and breakfast. The buffet breakfast have got a good mix of continental and local food. It also has a little mini mini tinie zoo filled with peacocks and rabbits... LOL. The resort comes with a very classy lookout restaurant and spa/massage center. The location of the hotel is strategically close to all the town attractions but far enough from the noise. A good place for KL city folks to have a quick weekend getaways by the sea.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidFran10
GMAPD, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear DavidFran10,

I wish to thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind comments with all of us. At Avillion Port Dickson we are proud to know that the experience of our guests is wonderful, hence I thank you for letting us know that your trip was absolutely fullfilling in every way. I will definitely let the Staffs know your words of praises. We look forward to welcome you very soon to experience another wonderful holiday with us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Resort was run down and ill-maintained.... the air-conditioner wasn’t cold, which was painful in the scorching weather.. (port Dickson is way warmer than sg is...)

Seaviews were alright, but not Bc the beach was clean; it wasn’t. The premium lounge access was also sub-par Bc it was hoarded with tourists you literally had to wait your turn to take photo with the blue seats against the backdrop of the seaview.

Food was also very average and not worth eating a second time.. but port Dickson is so sparse it’s hard to find good food.. tried 2 out of the top 10 days I found on google but none was tasty, cheap granted. :(

Did not help too that the resort was so far flung out.. took us 30 mins to get to the city each time (if there was no jam). Heard from our cab driver that Avillion was situated in the middle of a Malay village, so it was catered more to Malay locals. He strongly recommended Hibiscus but hur I doubt I’ll be back to PD at all.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear FELICIA T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion. Although many travelers find Avillion Port Dickson to be a great place for romantic and relaxing family getaway coupled with excellent food options and outstanding service, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

FELICIA T, once again please do accept my apologies and do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments regarding your experience with us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Love the ambience, suitable for family holiday, nearby the beach and have a lot of activities to offer for the residents to do there. Further they also have a small petting zoo for the kids , the kids surely love it! Would love to come back again!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Adas979

Dear Ada s,

I am truly honored to read this heartwarming comments regarding your holiday experience at Avillion Port Dickson recently. Thank you for highlight many aspects of the resort that your family enjoyed during the stay.

Ada s, I am sure they will be of great assistance to all those travelers searching for the perfect destination to unwind and spend some quality time. We would love to have the opportunity of hosting you again when you travel to Port Dickson.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for couple of days.
Had some issues with online booking at bookings.com as once paid they can’t find confirmation code and I had to call the center and sort it out my self and it was annoying.

Advantages:
Reasonably clean, have basic facilities, sea chalets are ok,nearby food stalls and restaurants.Have a petting zoo.Pools.

Disadvantage:
Expensive , sea chalet are old and noisy ( the floors are broken , in the balcony of the sea chalet that I stayed when I stepped it just broke and I almost fell into the sea!no kidding)
Air conditioning system very poor it was not working properly,rain shower : the hot water literally wasn’t functioning so had a cold shower for 2 days, chalet is pretty small for the price u pay, scenery not so great as I stayed in Cochin chalet.
Food:basic 2-3 star servings especially breakfast was very very basic,staffs: they are all so serious , never smile and when u ask something they just don’t gv u any reactions so just awkward to even ask anything.
Pool: dirty since it was open air and filled with leaves and insects.
Can’t swim at the beach as access is far and u will have headache in going to the beach.
Parking is so far,I went there after my leg injury and it was really not convenient.
NOT OKU/disable friendly.

Overall, maybe for some ppl this place is ok,but for me it’s just overrated but I would say it’s ok not a bad place overall.I would suggest a garden chalet thn the water chalet as it’s pretty lack of Maintainance.
If u have the money thn you can stay at this place.
Not suitable for budget travellers.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
GMAPD, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear snuffboxdude,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and share your review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your candid feedback as it allows us to objectively review the facilities and services we provide in order to ensure that we meet our guests' complete satisfaction.

snuffboxdude, we do hope that you will provide us the opportunity to be of service to you again and this time ensuring you a perfect holiday experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2018

It remains in my opinion a good choice for a quick getaway from the city and in my case, due to a number of conflicting commitments, we needed a place nearby to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary. We took the Love and Romance package which include a premium water chalet stay, a candle light dinner and also in room breakfast. They also include a 90 mins Avi spa session and access to the Avi Lounge.

We were welcomed with a nice flower decorations in the room which was a nice touch but not at all new to me for this type of packages. The room is okay but the balcony needs a bit of upkeep and cleaning. Acknowledged that it is not an easy task considering the the birds flying freely outside but I can see that the lounge chair is collecting dust and not that clean and I presume its been a while that the previous rooms occupants make full use of the balcony since they are not that clean. Other than that the rooms remains "tired and unchanged" from my previous stays here. The TV channels are at best limited in terms of choices.

The candle light dinner was a blunder since they set it up quite far from the kitchen and this poor lady attending to us was going back and forth to serve us the different course and the wait in between the meal course was painstakingly long and we ended up leaving the place and requested them to bring the remaining food to the room. So much for romantic dinner. There should have planned better for this especially when the selections of food were made way in advance via e mail when I communicated with the hotel.

Avi Lounge cocktail was acceptable as usual even from my previous visit but I suppose can be improved in terms for selections. Avi Spa was probably the only good highlight from the trip. The services are very professional and the facilities are up to mark.

Overall, despite the shortcomings, this is still an acceptable choice for that quick trip from the city.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zmyusof

Dear zmyusof,

I wish to thank you very much for bringing to my attention some shortcomings that you experienced, especially during the candle light dinner. My sincere apologies for any inconveniences it may have caused you.

Be rest assured that my Team and l'll be working hard and continue to review the flow of the dinner in order to ensure that our guests' enjoys a perfect stay in each and every aspects.

Kind regards,