All reviews water hole watering hole close to the hotel large room only stayed one night lunch and dinner served buffet style animals coming low season few meters restaurant area night stop game drives drink water communal areas love elephants excellent view
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Voi Wildlife Lodge is situated just outside the Tsavo East Reserve. It is a great stop-over between Nairobi and Mombasa and you will certainly have time to relax and unwind after a day of traveling.

Our rooms were comfortable, clean and had a cosy little veranda overlooking the one waterhole. The food was good and plentiful and even though we arrived late (14:45) we were still offered lunch.

We were very fortunate to see many herds of elephant, some buffalo, mongooses, waterbuck, impala, warthogs and many different bird species visit the two waterholes. We sat up till after 10pm as we just couldn't stop looking at and listening to the elephants at the waterholes :-) Most definitely our idea of a great night out :-)

There are also three swimming pools and a play area for kids.

We are definitely visiting again!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Esme v
Reviewed 22 June 2015

only stayed there for like a day but wish could've stayed for longer . Amazing view from restaurant etc - you can see elephants and other animals just few meters away from you. That is worth any price

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2015

I visited Voi Wildlife lodge for lunch only and the food was really disappointing. Charged 1600 kes and they served me cucumber soup, red cabbage and onion salad (yuk raw onion), barely there chicken with lots of potatoes and lastly extremely dry chocolate cake with no flavour. I feel that management to work on their food. The restaurant was empty with probably only 10 guests and it seemed none enjoyed their lunch either. Service was good. Best part about this camp is the water hole and view of beautiful elephants. Loved every bit of these giants and will go again to same place just for viewing tons and tons of elephants. However, I will only order bottled drinks next time.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Rubhi
Reviewed 10 May 2015

Sometimes you have little choice, this was 3rd “Stopover” at this hotel so cannot be too bad although there is little by way of competition when looking for stopover when realising you will not make Mombasa by nightfall and that persistent noise from under the bonnet tells you best to stop….

Voi Wildlife Lodge is located outside of Voi on the boundary of Tsavo East, which means no park entry fees if just stopping over.

Staff at reception are very friendly and welcoming although the bursar was unable to differentiate between a credit and debit card, insisting upon adding 5% surcharge. My phone notifying me that the money had been withdrawn from my account before the receipt had finished printing.

The hotel itself comprises of imposing blocks of room overlooking the water-hole the rooms very re clean tidy and large, suitable for families with young children. Often having two double beds.

The restaurant and bar are extensive, the latter, being outside with the lighting attracting a lot of insects during some seasons. The food is average fare trying to appeal to all tastes and consequently having no flavour.

There is a Pool and Gym that is a good touch, imagine especially if you have been cramped up in the back of a Nissan tour bus, subjected to the “African Road Massage” and force-fed buffet meals for a few days.

The waterhole is frequented by the occasional elephant although on latest visit the sole visitor turn back upon hearing Cool and the Gang’s “Cherish” being blasted from the “disco”.

The ambient sound of the African night is what makes these experiences special - this hotel has succeeded in muting the overall experience.

Like the Elephant, will only return when there is no other choice.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Guilfybear
Reviewed 7 May 2015

I stayed here december 2014. It was a nice hotel with a warm welcome and a helpfull staff. Some things need to be tend to but if you ask the staff is willing to support. We like a swim and on the first day we went to the pool and it was not so nice bugs and other little animals were in the water. As we told the staff they were cleaning it the next day. Due to lack of visitors the bar next to the pool was closed but the waiter was more then willing to bring us our drinks by the poolside. The room was clean and spacious but no television or radio on it. You have to go there as an animal lover. The waterhole is a nice thing but as I was staying there it had rained so the animals didn't need to come to the waterhole nevertheless there were animals but I think if it is dry there will be more. The "catwalk" is a nice place to be and observe the animals. You can also arrange from the hotel a drive into the Voi reservation. If you really wanne see the wildlife you should take a tour like that. I liked the food and there was a great variety we ate out of the menu and the last days we where there it was a buffet. Somehow for me the place will be in my memory as the place where it rained bugs :-)
Would not mind going there again for a stay.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family