Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com
StayForLong
Agoda.com
Trip.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The staff is very nice, wifi for free and good food. Also the will help you with everything you need. The city is very quiet and there is nothing around it, just a 7 eleven but I think is a good place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KingCho
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Bus drops you off right in front, price compared to Bangkok was very reasonable, rooms are clean and big. The two old ladies helping you hardly speak English but are eager to show you around the rooms they offer.

Moreover, the place is opposite of the main sites and the bike rental places are next door if you are thinking of renting a bike. A good tip here is that the site opens FOR FREE from 18:00 to 20:00, so if you are in a hurry, arrive late afternoon and visit the site in the evening. Nice light from the sunset and you can explore it by foot in 1,5 hour.

All restaurants were also nearby and there were a couple of places next door where you could organise your onward travel

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 888menice888
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I have 13 years extensive experience of back-packing around SE Asia. I first came to stay at Sukhothai GH in 2001 on a glowing recommendation from my teacher Paul in England. I have returned many times over the years, and then and on my most recent trip I have only been very happy. I've met travellers who come back every year for their annual holiday and become part of the family! And sadly I've sat and watched many tourists turn up there with a poor attitude; suspicious of a free lift from the bus-station (why?!?), negative or aggressive, and picking faults from the outset. The family take you as they find you! I'm polite and friendly and they bend over backwards to help people. Yes the rooms are a bit old-style colonial and but the whole place is quirky and that's part of the charm. The mosquitoes never bothered me because they are bad everywhere in Sukhothai (standing water and rivers) and you get them in any garden. We had a fabulous tour of the old city. Now Muk is a guide, you will be in good hands, when he was at University in Bangkok he looked after me and showed me around because that's the kind of family they are. When I had trouble in Chiang Mai I rang Mr Dang (the owner) and he spoke to them on the phone and sorted it all out. When I was stuck in Tak in the middle of the night with nowhere to stay I rang for advice and their nephew (a student there) came and rescued me! So I do not buy into some of the reviews, who say good things then give only 3 stars, or the negative ones obviously written in Thai-english so probably a rival guesthouse! Remember to travel in Thailand with "Jai Dee" or good heart and intentions, be less demanding and go with the flow, your trip and life will be better. My friend Mark stayed on my recommendation and loved it so much he ended up spending 3 weeks (most of his trip) there! You simply must sample Fon's cooking, I highly recommend the "Sukhothai Noodles", good value and my personal favourite. I look forward to my next stay and continue to tell everyone I know about it.

Room tip: You don't really need a/c unless it's very hot or you prefer that. A balcony is nice but I spend most of my time socially in the restaurant area. Arrive with a big smile, good heart, and treat it as your home. (PS. there's no swimming pool but there's one Fon took me to, not far away near the new bus station, very cheap and refreshing on a hot afternoon!)
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Oliver W
Reviewed 29 December 2011

When coming to Sukothai, I stayed in another guesthouse nearby, but íts ơwner has no motorbike for me to hire, so , from his advice, I went to Banthai Guesthouse to hire one
It was a surprise for me that it is a lovely GH with bungalows around small walking path and a small restaurant with many kind of díshes

The Banthai GH owner, Mr Bird, a man of 26 years old, is so good-humored and so helpful . When I asked for someone to bring me to the bus station, although he was not at the GH, his aunt was so kind by bringing me there without any condition

In the next time to Sukothai, I will surely stay in thís GH with these kind and helpul people

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank DONSaigonVietnam
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights. Though it is maybe a bit too expensive for what you get, we had a good time. Friendly and helpfull staff. They offer some services, like:
-Taxi service to old city (120 Bth)
-Free pick-up at the busstation.
-Bus reservation service (60 Bth), and brought us to the busstation.
And yes, dont forget the mozzle-spray. But! Thats a general advice in whole Thailand people!
-breakfast (125 Bth)
-Thai massage (250 Bth)
We had a good time.
We had a good time. Thanks.

Date of stay: July 2011