Lowest prices for your stay
US$17
View deal
eDreams
US$17
View deal
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$17
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I've stayed at Litai on three occasions, and would go back again. It is spotlessly clean, situated in the middle of town (just steps away from the clock tower), large bathroom with good hot water, and comfortable beds. I did not experience the noise that other reviewers complain about. Breakfast in the coffee shop downstairs was adequate - choice of 7 or 8 dishes. And there is ample off-street parking for those who drive there. All in all, it was good value for the twin-bed room, and breakfast for two.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Fwheby
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We arrived in Phitsanulok before midnight with no arranged accomodation and a tuktuk driver offered us to take here. We tried. When we arrived, the man was waiting in front of the guesthouse. Didn't even say Hello and show us rooms with pictures in an album. The room we picked was okay, clean. Although we saw small ants on the floor and a cantipede. It was okay for one night, but I wouldn't stay there for a longer period of time. It lacked an atmosphere.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank miracky
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I got stuck in Phitsanulok after my 5 hour train ride was 5.5hours late causing me to miss the bus to Kamphaeng Phet. Armed only with the incredibly unreliable (digital copy of) Lonely Planet as my guide I ended up at LiThai. Indifferent staff I don't mind, but the guys on the desk were just rude. The main guy slapped open a book with pictures of rooms (no hi no thing) and tried to sell me on an A/C room. I don't use A/C if I can help it, not at home and not here, so I chose a fan room, which I guess meant I was cheap because after asking me for the thrid time if I didn't want the A/C room for 100 baht more he just slammed the book closed took it off the counter filled out my paperwork and gave me the first room at the top of the first flight of stairs. No windows except for the small slatted, screened ones at the top of the wall, perfect for keeping most mosquitoes out but letting all the noise in. The hotel is concrete, the stairs concrete, everything designed to filter the noise from the top of the hotel to the bottom and yes, past my room. Kids screaming and stomping upstairs, people talking and some lady who I think worked there (i'm not sure why she was standing on the door in some type of uniform) yelling at a cooworker from the first floor to another floor. The room itself was fine. Clean, except my sheets were stained. The towels come wrapped in plastic, weird but sanitary I suppose, and glass in paper. To be fair, if the room was located somewhere else it may not have been to bad (minus the sheets). I just needed a base and a bed so for that it did the job. It was close to the night market and Tesco so food, water, and beer were right on hand. The bed turned out to be quite uncomfortable and in the morning someone tried to get into my bedroom using the key (fortunately I had the bolt on). After he couldn't get in he yelled to the guy downstairs then I heard him go back downstairs.

If you're stuck for a night in Phitsanulok this is an option but really, there are so many other guesthouses around I have to believe there are better and equally affordable options out there.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank coconutfarmer
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The room is clean, location pretty strategic as it is near the night bazaar (not awesome), approx. 1.5km walk to Wat Phrasri Rattana Mahathat (I walk a lot) and near the night hawker stalls. Too bad it is far from new bus terminal. Why I mentioned only good for a night? Despite the room is clean and location is strategic, it is very noisy till wee hours, not sure if it is the staffs or other local guests, I keep hearing ppl closing their door loudly (not sure why they can't close their door gently) throughout the night, very annoying, the guesthouse is huge so lots of echos. The front of the guesthouse looks kind of aged.

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed briefly here while breaking my journey from Sukhothai to Ayuthaya. Phitsanulok doesn't have a huge amount to attract travellers, but the folk museum was really nice - well set up with interesting exhibits, friendly staff, and lots of child-friendly activities.

The hotel itself was clean and inexpensive. I paid 350B for a good sized room with twin bed, a/c, ensuite, big window (looking out over the airshaft/courtyard) and tv. The Thai breakfast was fine. The bed was reasonably comfy. The building didn't have much character (it felt fairly institutional) but it did the job and I was quite comfortable there for a night or two.

Date of stay: December 2010