“Great stay!”

Ban's Diving Resort
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Me and my boyfriend did the open water and advanced open water at Bans. Our stay was amazing. Great location and atmosphere both at daytime and nighttime.
A big thanks to our instructors Becky, Opal and Manu! U guys rock!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend have done the open water and the advanced course with the one and only David Cohen! He's very funny, explain everything clearly and have a lot of experience! If you are an israeli, he's also know Hebrew, Very recommended!
The hotel was good too, we took the superior room which was good enough.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I am not a strong swimmer or water sport enthusiast and have never scuba dived however one of my sons persuaded me to jump in at the deep end and go straight to Ban's on Kih Tao for an open water course.
He recommended Alisha. I have to say she was absolutely brilliant. I'm new to this and I had the first panic attack of my life on the bottom there. Second dive. Alisha was fantastic all the way through but at that moment showed amazing professionalism. I completed the course and so happy I did. Amazing experience.
If you feel a little hesitant and not too confident ask for Alisha!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank k7pws
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I did my Advanced Open Water Diver with the instructor Matee here at Ban's Diving Resort. The staff was super friendly and helpful and help me immediately with everything. Matee is a super nice and friendly person! He showed me a lot of techniques to improve my experiences under water and showed me special places underwater. He is a experienced instructor and know what to do! I recommend him and would like to dive with him again! The underwater experience had a lot to do with the right instructor and with Matee you can have a good time underwater! Thanks again Matee for the good times :)

Room Tip: The course includes a room :)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were here in Nov/Dec 2016. I just passed OWD+AOWD+Nitrox back home and could train with 2-4 dives/day with experienced DMs that knew the dive sites and were always looking out for us.

Because the massive storm the visibility was not good (~5m) most of the dives but I feel like I learned a lot, especially how to dive safely in choppy conditions and pay attention to my buddies because you'd lose them in 5 seconds. I heard that this storm was quite unusual and the diving is usually much better. I still saw lots of cool stuff.

My friend was doing his Rescue Diver course and they let me stay in his room for free. We also enjoyed the good food, beer pong and live music with good mojitos at night.

My friend was also very happy with his Rescue Diver course (and instructor), except for that they put him (200+ dives) with people who just passed AOWD and were obviously not very skillfull. That delayed our travels to other parts of Thailand, because the course began 1 day later and ended 1 day later. So I dived with some other dive shop and saw whalesharks!

The only reason for the 4 instead of 5 stars is the delays. But that's also just Thailand. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Other than that it seemed well organized by westerners, the boats are run by Thai people.

Room Tip: Fan rooms are usually enough and cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends