2,750 results
All reviewsopen water courseanthony griffithsfishbowl bardive masteradvanced open waterfish bowlnight divefree roomfun divesgreat instructordive courseair conlearn howfan roommy girlfriendsairee beachbasic room
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were here in Nov/Dec 2016. I just passed OWD+AOWD+Nitrox back home and could train with 2-4 dives/day with experienced DMs that knew the dive sites and were always looking out for us.

Because the massive storm the visibility was not good (~5m) most of the dives but I feel like I learned a lot, especially how to dive safely in choppy conditions and pay attention to my buddies because you'd lose them in 5 seconds. I heard that this storm was quite unusual and the diving is usually much better. I still saw lots of cool stuff.

My friend was doing his Rescue Diver course and they let me stay in his room for free. We also enjoyed the good food, beer pong and live music with good mojitos at night.

My friend was also very happy with his Rescue Diver course (and instructor), except for that they put him (200+ dives) with people who just passed AOWD and were obviously not very skillfull. That delayed our travels to other parts of Thailand, because the course began 1 day later and ended 1 day later. So I dived with some other dive shop and saw whalesharks!

The only reason for the 4 instead of 5 stars is the delays. But that's also just Thailand. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Other than that it seemed well organized by westerners, the boats are run by Thai people.

Room Tip: Fan rooms are usually enough and cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights with our 5 months old baby.
The location is the best in this area.
The service was awesome as well.

At weekends, there's a bit too much noise next to the rooms, but that's Koh Tao ;)

Great restaurant BTW!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

If you ever consider to do one of the Padi courses definatly do it at Ban's resort! It's a amazing resort with great staff! I did my advanced course recently with Neil Giblin, he is really proffesional and at the same time you will have a lot of fun with him he will definatly make sure you're comfortable in the water! Thanks for making me a advanced diver Neil!
Manon van der Kemp

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife and I stayed in deluxe hill top double room for three nights. The price was 2500 bahts for two persons including breakfast. It was very nice room with nice view including normal standard breakfast. The staff who cleans the room are amazing, very helpful and smiling, the staff at the reception are not smiling, not answering, seems that they are bored to work. To the hill top, they have free pick up just till 20.00. They have swimming pool, market and other facilities. I had four dives there, their dive masters arethe people who works there part time and not local people. Diving part are not super good, they are young people and it is like lets party lets dive. Seriously I would prefer another dive center. I had seen turtle in one dive, in another dives batfish, parrot fish, groupers and few others.

Room Tip: very nice hill top rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We had wonderful days in ban's thanks to Dan mcgladdery (@Dan mac underwarer) the diving instructor.

Thank you for a great diving course! More than anything, thanks for being an attentive, sensitive, thorough and yet allways funny and relaxed instructor. We felt safe and enjoyed every minute of it!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple