“Shocking experience! ”

Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort
Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was a terrible experience. To begin our stay we were taken to our hotel room by a steward who opened the door and then shut it straight away. Instead of explaining why when I asked what was wrong he shoved a hand in my face and said bluntly "wait" before walking away. We waited at least 5 minutes for him to come back and when we asked again what was happening we received the same blunt response "wait". 5 minutes later a cleaner arrived with a towel. This was because there was a giant puddle of water in our room from a roof leak. The hotel manager came in looked at the pool of water and asked us "what is the problem?" We said there is a roof leak and water all over the floor. He said that this was fine and they would clean it up. I then asked what would happen if it rained again and his reply was "the roof would leak". He didn't understand the problem and seemed confused when we asked to change room as it "doesn't always rain". We refused to stay in the room as it was forecasted to thunderstorm for the next three days and didn't find the idea of an indoor pool very appealing. We then moved to our second room where we had a worse view from the first and NO hot water. The room was poorly cleaned and had a uncomfortable smell to it. To add to this already unwelcoming experience we then discovered that a "10 minute walk" to the beach was actually a hike down approximately 300 very steep steps.
The staff here are absolutely shocking (besides the friendly restaurant staff) and are very difficult to communicate with as there is a massive language barrier. I would not recommend this "resort" to anyone! We have been traveling through Indonesia and Thailand for the last month and this is by far the worst and most expensive hotel we have stay in. Do not stay here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KJS1996

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

So me and my girlfriend stayed here for 3 nights and I must say that the "service" you get here is just a horrible.

We were informed that you could call for a golf cart if you needed to move around the hotel. Called the reseption and was told that I should just walk. I have no problem walking but from the beach to the reseption. Well its a rock climb more or less.

When we left I booked a car to take us from the room to the reseption, it was 20min late and I needed to call for them 3 times. Almost did not have the time to take out some cash and get on the boat.

Again. The view is great. If you get a room thata not overgrown with trees. And prep your self for alot of noise from the frogs having a blast in the pound next door.

Good luck

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Tor Erik H
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stayed at Pinnacle for 6 nights. The rooms were nice, clean and serviceable (although the showers weren't great), with excellent views. The restaurant had good food with an ok breakfast. The amenities in the room were nice, particularly my wife loved the hand cream.

The service was excellent. The front desk were flexible and allowed us to extend our stay by one night without being extortionate.

There is a lovely beach down at the front, which is a nice swim, but I wouldn't recommend the pool (too much chlorine).

Whilst it was a bit isolated, that also made it quiet, which is what we were looking for ... and the shuttle service, and easily booked (although not cheap) taxi service, made it easy to get in and out to the pier and Mae Had.

Our main purpose for staying there was a diving trip, and the on-site diving centre (Dive Wishes) were excellent. Great people, with an excellent approach and good equipment. if you want to go diving, this is the place to stay and Dive Wishes are the dive centre to work with.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed at Pinnacle for 7 days and we loved it! The views are spectacular, there is a breakfast buffet every morning with a good variety of different foods. The onsite restaurant is available all day which is super convenient and they clean the rooms every day. The rooms have great ocean views and were very clean. The only downside is Pinnacle is up in the hills and a bit far from the main part of town however they do provide free shuttle service. The only thing is you won't be able to have a late night out because the last shuttle is at 9:30pm.

Room Tip: Rooms near the top of the hill have better accessibility to shuttles.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights with my girlfriend while were were in Koh Tao. Its a lovely clean hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast buffet was my favorite part with a great selection along with an omelette bar. The views from the rooms are spectacular. The rooms were clean with working AC. The only thing I didn't like about the room was the bathroom had a slight sewage smell. However, I found this to be true of every bathroom I went to in Koh Tao so it could be just an island wide thing. The hotel is built on a mountain side so there are a lot of stairs to get to breakfast or the pool but the workout was refreshing. The only other downside of the hotel was that it is a bit far off from the main strip but they provide free shuttles to and from the main strip three times a day so you have to plan your day around that. The last shuttle comes back at 9:30 pm so if you are planning on a late night out be ready to take a taxi which can cost up to 400 baht. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple