US$82
Agoda.com
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$61
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$138
US$208
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$42
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$149
  • Breakfast included
Ameenjeerah Koh Tao(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$67
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$478
Orbitz.com
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmosquito netnice distancesairee beachwelcome drinkwater heaterdeck chairsgarden viewbeach frontpickup truckquiet locationstayed here for nightsrent a bikean amazing viewfanpierislandferry
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

The owner of this hotel, Steve is aggressive and unreasonable. He called us names when we wanted to cancel our stay because the advertisement was misleading. We paid upon arrival so we couldn't cancel or leave after we found out the bungalow was not what they promised.

I REPEAT, DO NOT STAY HERE!

Just ask around for a bungalow at other beaches if the rest of the resorts are full. We found one exactly the same for 1/3rd of the price.

This hotel is just right of the ferry-pier, maybe that is why it is still getting customers... To bad for them.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We've made a booking through booking.com.
Weve found out that our room was completely different than what we've booked. We've booked a bigger bungalow (of four) for two people but we're still place in a small bungalow for two persons.

When we tried to resolve the situation, the manager Steve was a total jerk. We wanted to either cancel or get a discount but het wouldn't give any of that.

Since we couldn't cancel, we decided to stay anyways. We found out that there is airconditioning in the room but if you want to use is, you have to pay extra!!

Don't go here unless Koh Tao is completely full. Many other similar places to stay for a much better price and very likely a much better staff.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Yesterday we arrived at Koh Tao. We wanted to stay at Koh Tao Royal resort, but they were fully booked. The lady at the reception offered us 2 rooms for today and one little house for tomorrow. We really wanted to stay at this place, so we booked for those two nights at the reception. We asked for a several times if it was confirmed. The lady said yes. This morning we arrived at the resort again, we were really looking forward to stay here. It was a very big disappointment to figure out that the resort was overbooked... We weren't able to stay here, they couldn't do anything for us. How is this possible? We booked at the reception... This place made me angry. This place sucks.

1  Thank suusklein
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We made reservations, we arrived after a long travel and they rejected us because of a double booking for our room. We got a discount for a room the next day and guess what, the same thing happend... we got send away again. They wasted a lot of our time by letting us wait in the lobby without coming up with a solution.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My friend and myself had booked to stay at the Royal Resort for 3 nights and were looking forward to staying in the traditional Thai bungalows. We had already stayed within the jungle so knew what to expect. The hotel is excellently located (5 min walk from the pier) and the view from the bar is lovely. All the native staff were friendly and attentive with welcome drinks on arrival and a lovely meal in the restaurant. Unfortunately that's as good as it gets- I feel sorry for the hardworking staff who have to suffer such an abomination of a manager!! When we entered our room (standard twin bungalow) we noted it was very basic (which we expected- no problem!) and not as clean as we would have hoped but we could get over this- we were just going to avoid using the mini fridge!! We were aware there was no aircon in the room but the fan kept cutting out as well which left the room uncomfortably warm. We were also expecting bugs, but this was excessive. I had lasted the whole holiday so far (a week) without getting midge bites... by the time I left my legs and back were covered!! The door didn't fit the door frame properly either which didn't help, and at one point I did have to evict a centipede from the bedroom!! I wouldn't have minded too much, but the mosquito net had holes in so even when we tried sleeping under that bugs were still getting in. We decided that (due to my friend having had stitches in her head the night before and us not having slept for nearly 48 hours) we'd leave the hotel and find somewhere a little more modern and less "buggy". We went down to reception and spoke to a very helpful lady who explained we would have to pay for all three nights. We said we were willing to pay for that nights stay and the meal we had but wanted to go elsewhere so didn't want to pay further. She said she'd have to speak to the manager- absolutely, no problem I was expecting that. I've worked in the hospitality industry so I understand how this works (so I also know when I see appalling examples of service such as this). I spoke to the managers wife on the phone who threatened me with the police and immigration and told me her husband was on his way over from the pub to speak with us. That's when things got really bad. We had been apologetic, diplomatic and polite the whole time. We kept stressing that we weren't complaining, but was hoping the manager would be understanding of the situation we were in... he was not. He stormed in on arrival, didn't speak with us but spoke at us the whole time telling us that we had to pay. He claimed he "was a paramedic" and couldn't see any bug bites on us. When we explained we cancelled our booking through the correct channels via booking.com he told us "booking.com is not my boss you have to pay". He was speaking over me the whole time and raising his voice- obviously his tactic for dealing with such situations is to act threatening and aggressive. My friend and I felt uncomfortable by this point and paid the full amount just to get away from him. He was rude to his staff and wouldn't let me keep a copy of my bill or receipt of payment. As we left we could hear him talking to his staff saying there were no bites on us and we were making it up. We said we would be taking photos to send in an official complaints email. HE THEN CAME OUT OF THE HOTEL AND SHOUTED AT US "THERE ARE NO BITES ON YOUR PRETTY LITTLE BODIES, I'LL DO YOU, I'LL DO YOU". We don't quite know what he was going to do to us but by this point neither me and my friend would deny we were scared. We left and went to another hotel. Luckily my friend had read previous reviews stating the manager could be aggressive so had the sense to record the whole conversation, including his threats. Working in hospitality I know how these situations can and should be handled and this is an example of how it should never be handled. We will be taking it further via the appropriate channels. It's such a shame that such a lovely resort with such potential is run by an ignorant man whose managing skills include trying to scare and intimidate lone young women into paying. There wasn't even an offer of an alternative room or help... he was aware that my friend had needed stitches in her head the night before and wasn't feeling well but this didn't matter. The type of accommodation he offers is the sort that last minute booking travellers would snap up, he could easily have let us cancel our booking and would have had new guests booked in by the next night I'm sure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends