“Unforgettable place”

The Place Luxury Boutique Villas
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 28 August 2017

My girlfriend and I spent 4 nights at the Place at the end of a 3.5-week backpacking trip through Vietnam and Thailand and it could not have been a more perfect luxurious finish to our vacation, especially after weeks of rugged travel. We knew we were reaching in terms of price when we booked but it was 100% worth it.

The villa itself made my jaw drop--every detail seemed designed for comfort and aesthetics. The view from the deck and pool was breathtaking. The service was incredible--Lamai was helpful and fun, and all interactions with Carol and Be were wonderful as well.

The villas are located a bit outside of the main road, but the distance is easily walkable, just be aware that the road up to The Place is extremely steep. Renting a motorbike made everywhere on Koh Tao reachable in minutes.

Really I can't name one thing that makes The Place the best place I've ever stayed (ok maybe the pool) but I can say that it was so nice that we almost didn't want to leave the villa, despite being in the middle of the paradise of Koh Tao.

Room Tip: We had villa 5, very private, incredible view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed 7 nights at The Place on Koh Tao and I honestly did not want to leave! This is my third time staying at The Place and I will definitely be back. I came with my boyfriend and we had the most amazing time. Firstly, the customer service is 10/10- Lamai, Coral and Be go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. Every morning, The would send us a text message with the weather forecast and gave and asked us if we wanted or needed anything like free snorkel gear/ beach towels... Our fan broke one of the days and I called Lamai, in two seconds she had somebody up to fix it. Honestly, Guy (the owner) really knows how to pick the best staff. Secondly, the actual villa is just beautiful. It comes equipped with everything you need and has the most unreal view of the sea and sunrise! The bed is also super comfortable! They have a box with all the latest movies/ tv shows and documentaries!! The bathroom feels like you are outside in the Jungle- with beautiful rocks, plants and a glass roof!! I cannot recommend The Place enough!!! It is perfect for couples who want to chill out and what is great is that it's so close to Sairee beach!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaByrne1986
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

An amazing stay! Really felt like we were in paradise. Everything you could want is catered for, and they go above and beyond what we ever dreamed we would want. Would recommend this place for a special week away on an amazing island!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My husband planned our honeymoon since I was busy with the wedding planning and I was so amazed when we got to our villa! It was like stepping into a place on HGTV! If you stayed in a places like this in the states it would cost 2x as much! The atmosphere was very relaxing and laid back while the staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. They took care of tiny details that made it such an enjoyable stay. Loved the layout of the villa so much that I would like to design our future small mountain cabin similar to it. Highly recommend

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and couldn't of been happier.
Firstly they have great staff who are on call to help you with what you need.
They pick you up at the pier and bring you to the hotel and walk you through all they have to offer.

The room is beautiful. Every detail was looked at when building the villas.
You can order meals from a great selection of restaurants directly to your room or can walk about 10-15 minutes to find anything you need from shops to restaurants to massages etc.

The best part is the pool you get with your villa. We loved just hanging out at the villa enjoying the pool and had pure relaxation while we were here.
I really regret not staying here longer.

Next time we will come for a week.

Thank you to the great staff at The Place. You definitely are #1 and deserve all the awards from trip advisor as the top hotel on the island and definitely top hotel in Thailand.

1  Thank jeremyf1010